Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jun 7, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "The devil, your enemy, goes around like a roaring lion looking for someone to eat. refuse to give in to him.” (1 Peter 5:8)

      Watch out and be careful of hidden dangers.

      Satan is always marketing his targets of death and destruction through the colourful sexy labels or packages of beauty, health, vigour etc. Inside all packages and advertisements, there is an element of vulgarity. So we should be aware of all our intakes that come in attractive labels. Discern everything in the spirit of Jesus.

      Mathew 16:6 - “Be careful! Beware of the yeast (teachings) of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.” Remember that all evil doings have a tragic end.

      Ratko Mladic had been caught after 16 years of fugitive life for the charges of killing 8000 Bosnian Muslims and boys at Srebrenica, an UN camp in Serbia. He is sick and weak and is in international jail waiting for trial in the UN court in Hague. In 1995, Alic was a kid who joined with other kids to get Chocolate from the hands of Mladic. Alic says, "I went to him with other children and took that chocolate bar from Mladic, a lanky man with sunken eyes. He asked what my name was and I said 'Izudin’. I was not afraid. I was just focused on the chocolate.” He was devouring it with gratitude while his father Sabizet, was being hunted down by Mladic’s men in the nearby woods. He was found years ago in one of the graves. Feigned benevolence is a disguise to cover the reality of the massacre.

      The gate of heaven is narrow but the father of the universe is with you to pass. Mathew 7:14 - "But the gate is small and the road is narrow that leads to life.”

      Prayer : Jesus, let justice be done in all fields especially for the children who are the victims of predators like Mladic. Let our children understand the dangers packed in their games, books, entertainment, sports, friendships and even the so called spiritual propaganda. Let their innocence be protected and parents be vigilant. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Wednesday, 8th June 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com