A REQUEST TO THE HOLY EPISCOPAL SYNOD

  • Mor Behnan Study Circle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2011
      The Holy Episcopal Synod of our church is being held from 6th June to 8th June at the Church headquarters in Puthencruz. His Beatitude Mor Baselios Thomas I Catholicose will be presiding over and leading and Their Eminences the Archbishops & Their Graces the Bishops of the Holy Syrian Orthodox Church in India will be participating in prayer and meditation. Let us pray for our Church and the Holy Episcopal Synod. This is a time when the faithful of the church also should support our revered fathers with our prayers. May the Holy Spirit guide our Church.

      We are at a crucial juncture in the history of the Malankara Church. The development our church has witnessed in the last nine years since the elevation of our beloved Catholicose has been remarkable. We have been able to shed the feeling of uncertainty that was prevailing in the church after the passing away of Late Catholicose HB Baselios Paulose II which was aggravated by the backstabbers from within the church. But the positive outcome of that period was that our Church was cleaned from the filth that was present within. We have come out stronger. Let us give glory to God and thank Him for having given us such a loving and caring Patriarch, able and strong Catholicose, Bishops and above all the faithful of this great church whose love for their church is irreplaceable and unmatchable.

      After 9 years of strong going, it is a time for consolidation. We need to build on the strong foundation that has been laid in the last decade. For this we humbly present before the Holy Episcopal Synod a few proposals for its consideration.

      1) A Theological Seminary Outside Kerala

      2) To give more importance in teaching Syrian Church History and Theology in our Seminary curriculum

      3) A Sabha press to print our books and publications at the church headquarters

      4) Unifying the 'Aradhana' timings in all our churches and parishes

      5) Unifying the liturgical books used in all our Churches and Parishes

      6) To start Student centres and Chapels in the Outside Kerala dioceses wherever required. Mor Behnan Study Circle is ready to co-ordinate with our church leadership and the respective Diocesan council in this regard.

      7) To start Educational institutions in the Southern dioceses, Idukki diocese, Malabar diocese and Thrissur Diocese

      8) To go ahead with our Parumala Church project without any further delay

      9) To construct a St. Thomas Memorial in Mylapore

      10) To build a Church museum and Library at the Church headquarters.

      11) To have the Church Press outlets in all the Diocesan centres.

      12) To strengthen the MGJSM and Youth Association through co-ordinated activities

      13) To involve more youth in the Church administrative activities so that a second line of lay leaders can be moulded out of them

      We hope that our humble suggestions will be looked into by the Holy Synod and due consideration will be given to the same.

      Mor Behnan Study Circle
      Malankara Syriac Voice
      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/