Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jun 5 5:14 PM
      Today's Bible verse

      "Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants, you have perfected praise.” (Mathew 21 :16)

      Sometimes, children save marriages.

      Parents most often fulfill all the requests of their children. The most important cementing factor of a family is the children. Psalm 127:3 - “Behold children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.” Listen to their innocent words and see the looks in their sparkling eyes and learn from them how to live, how to love, how to forgive and even how to worship. Save them not to fall in the world of temptation and warn them of the dangerous and dark forces around them. Hold on to their hands and lead them in this dark world to light. Be an exemplary example to emulate and energise the progeny. When a husband and a wife have different interests and are on different wavelengths, and are on the verge of a separation, read carefully the pain and mental struggles that your children are going through and listen to their words. That will help you and be the words of God for a happy marriage. Mathew 9:37 - "Whoever receives one of these little children in my name receives Me."

      Sherwin is 7, an intelligent, loving and compassionate child of a well educated couple. But the couple were not really compatible and wanted to work and live in far away countries for pursing their own interests. The child overheard the talks of her parents about the journey of his Dad wanting to go and work in other country. That day onwards, she was moody and very sad. One day when dad dropped her at the school bus stop she asked with tears in her eyes, “Dad, if you go, who will drop me and pick me up from the bus stop? Apart from that, my friends and others may think that you have another wife over there. Then whom I will call as my dad and how to get the love of a father if you are not staying with mom and me." That night, Dad couldn’t sleep and he was haunted by the tears of his daughter and her heart-melting innocent words. Then, he fell on his knees and prayed, and decided to cancel all his plans to go abroad and decided to stay back with his family.

      Mark 10:15 - “You must accept the kingdom of God like a little child.”

      Prayer : Jesus, let all families be intact and together. We pray for the families that are on the verge of separation, and for the husbands/wives working in different places/countries away from their homes. Let the children be cared, heard and loved by the parents with their presence always. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Monday, 6th June 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com