Malankara World Journal Dated June 2, 2011 is available online.

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      June 2, 2011 Edition of the Malankara World Journal (Volume: 1, No: 8)
      is now available online. You can access it by the following link (If the
      link does not work, please copy and paste the link on your browser):

      This is the period the Holy Church is awaiting anxiously with the
      Disciples for the arrival of the Holy Spirit. So, this is between the
      Ascension and the Pentecost. Next edition of Malankara World will be a
      special on Pentecost Feast and Trinity.

      The prescribed Gospel reading this week is John 6:35-46. It is one of
      the "I am" Statements of our Lord Jesus Christ, "I am the bread of
      life." Bible commentaries and sermons are given to study this scripture.
      Hopefully you will get a different perspective after the in-depth study.

      We also have a bonus text covering John 17: 20-26. This is often called
      Lord's Prayer (We often associate Lord's Prayer with the prayer Jesus
      taught the disciples - a prayer that should be rightly called Disciple's
      Prayer. John 17 should be the genuine Lord's Prayer. It is a high
      Priestly prayer. Jesus prays for himself, for his disciples, and for the
      world. It is a fine example of how we should pray. It is one of the most
      beautiful prayers in the bible. Our 5 commentaries and over a dozen
      sermons/articles describes this prayer in depth. It is a real treat!

      With the theme of prayer, we have an article by Bishop George V Murray
      about prayer. He describes prayer as 'Passing over and coming back.' He
      says "prayer is the way we speak with God and listen to God as he speaks
      with us.' St. Therese of the Child Jesus explains prayer this way. “For
      me, prayer is an uplifting of the heart, a glance toward heaven, a cry
      of gratitude and of love in times of sorrow as well as of joy.” We get
      transformed while praying experiencing God's presence and have to "come
      back" to the world at the end of prayer. I have never seen prayer
      described this way. Absolutely beautiful.

      To Mother M. Angelica, "Prayer is the Union of Love: God's Love and your
      love; it is an awareness of God's love for you—His personal love." She
      has amble scripture lessons to reflect on the Journey to prayer.

      Do we need a visa to go to heaven? Which path do we take from the
      myriads available. John Kunnath's article makes fascinating reading.

      We will complete this edition with an article titled, "Grace, not the
      Place." Who has shown the greatest faith to Jesus? Disciples? Which one?
      The answer may surprise you. Also, we often hear Jesus saying, "He who
      has ears to hear, let him hear!" That is strange, isn't it. Why did
      Jesus say that?

      About Malankara World

      Malankara World has thousands of articles covering all aspects of Syriac
      Orthodoxy that are of interest to Family. In addition to articles on
      spirituality, faith, sacraments, sermons, devotionals, etc. Malankara
      World also has general articles of interest, health tips, Food and
      Cooking, Virtual Travel, and Family Specific articles. Please visit
      Malankara World and experience the difference. New articles and
      devotionals are added daily.

      We thank you for your continued support and encouragement. Please tell
      your friends about Malankara World. A vibrant church requires a vibrant
      and well connected community. That is the mission of Malankara World.

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World
      Hudson, Ohio
      ID No: 956