Today with Jesus

  • Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "Remove from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty or richness, feed me with the food that is needful for me.” (Proverbs 30:8)

      Be blessed by learning to live with reality. Don’t run away from it.

      The fitness industry is a multimillion business. People are ready to do anything to lose weight which is conditioned by the make-believe world of advertisement and herein lies their gold mine. Weight loss and Anorexia are the two sides of the same coin. Forgetting genetic factors and food required for the body to live, people are in war with the reality of their body needs. If we are fat, we should accept it and love it - we shouldn’t judge the genetic driven obesity. Judging attitudes are destructive, cruel, and scientifically wrong. Moderate weight loss can be maintained through determined monitoring of food intake and exercise, and dramatic weight loss can be achieved only temporarily but not long term because of Leptin (evolutionary hormone). Learn to live with the food grown luxuriously at your vicinity. Eat and live sensibly with food and water at our hand and worship God. Be moderate in our food intake. Proverbs 23:3 - “Don’t be greedy for his fine foods, because that food might be a trick.” God has created human beings with variety: lean, fat, short, tall, white, black etc. We are not destined for cloning. Jesus loves you as you are.

      People were stunned in 1988 when a downright thin Oprah Winfrey wheeled a wagon loaded with animal fat on the Talk Show. She wanted to show that she had shed 67 lbs in less than 5 months by running 6.5 miles a day and consuming nothing but liquids. But within weeks of returning to solid food, she had gained back 10 lbs and later more that she had before the struggle for weight loss. She says, "I thought I was cured. And is just not true. You have to find a way to live in the world with food.”

      Genesis 1:29 - “Look, I have given you all the plants that have grain for seeds and all the trees whose fruits have seeds in them. They will be food for you.”

      Prayer : Jesus, let your children be saved from the false notion of escaping life's realities. Let us accept who and what we are. Give us all the healthy body, mind, and spirit to work for you and for your people. Let the obese people be saved from the judgement of others. We pray for all those who are struggling with weight loss. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Aachen
      Toronto
      Sunday, 5th June 2011
      www. jerusalemchristianmission.com