Un-used talents of the Church

  • Jacob V Joshua
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      Rev. Dn. Moncy and all,

      I fully agree with the views expressed by Rev. Dn. Moncy in this forum regarding Dr. D. Babu Paul. It is very sad on the part of our Church leadership that a person like Dr. D Babu Paul, IAS is being ignored. This may be due to some complex or ego problems of few individuals. We know some of the people even do not know the name of the Church or they have never attended Sunday school classes or participated in any of the church activities in their childhood. The Church constitution must be amended with a clause saying that any person holding the office of any Parish, Diocese or Sabha Managing Committee, etc. should have passed atleast 10th class of Sunday school. Or else, they should have minimum basic knowledge about the faith and traditions of the Church.

      Dr. Babu Paul's calibre, knowledge and experience could be used by the Church in many ways - Translation of Sunday School Text Books in to English, Counselling and guidance to Sunday School, Youth Association, Vanitha Samajam and Prayer Groups, etc. are some of them. He should be a permanent invitee to the Sabha Working Committee, Managing Committee and Malankara Syrian Christian Association. He could be a valuable asset to our Theological Seminary.

      I write these lines fully knowing that some people will laugh on my suggestions and opinion. I request the leadership of the Church to wake up and treat and care every goats according to the talents given to them by the Almighty God for creation of His kingdom on earth.

      With prayers,
      Jacob V Joshua, Delhi
      Mem.No.911