Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jun 2, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "He urged them to ask the God of heaven to show them his mercy by telling them the secret, so they would not be executed along with the other wise men of Babylon.” (Daniel 2:18)

      Share your needs with trusted friends in prayer when you are in a tight spot.

      Earthly life is not a bed of roses. It’s with challenges and troubles, storms and tornadoes even in the life of

      the most faithful and clean. But the God of heaven saves and rescues them from all evils till the end of time.

      Daniel:6:27 - ”He rescues and saves his people. He performs miraculous signs and wonders in heaven and on earth.” Daniel was in a tight spot. The king of Babylon wanted know the dream he had dreamt and its interpretation, otherwise Daniel and his friends would be executed. The most ridiculous and unwise demand. So Daniel was at a crisis point. When the king gave Daniel time to find an answer, he found his 3 friends and they prayed. When you find yourself in a dangerous dilemma, share your needs with trusted friends. Jesus will come to you as a saviour to rescue you from the immediate threat. So trust him and share your apprehensions with your friends for prayer and counselling.

      Sara is in her 80’s and has been married for 60 years with an unpleasant mis-matched partner. She has gone through a lot in life, emotionally and the incurable chronic sickness of her husband, and her own health problems. But she is always open-minded. She never hides her troubles and challenges from her faithful prayer partners. Even at midnight, if anything is troubling her or the troubles of others are bothering her, it is shared and prayed with others. She is an inspiration to her friends and acquaintances, church members and even to the priests who have come to serve in her church. She laughs and smiles like a child and age has not yet made any marks on her face. One day at 12 midnight, she had called me to pray for her nephew who was in critical condition in the hospital. That helped her to sleep well with confidence in the Divine Providence to rescue her nephew.

      2 Corinthians 4:8,10 - “We have troubles all around us. But we are not defeated.” So we don’t give up.”

      Prayer : Jesus, let us share our immediate troubles and panics with our prayer partners. We pray for all those who are in perils of life and don’t know whom to share and unburden their apprehensions. Let them have the prayer partners to intercede for them.. Let your hand be on them. Let people like Sara emerge for an inspiration to others. All we ask in eth name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Friday, 3rd June 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V