Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1968 , May 29, 2011
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "A person is perfect in this life when as a pledge of what is to come he receives the grace to assimilate himself to the various stages of Christ's life. In the life to come perfection is made manifest through the power of deification."

      St. Gregory of Sinai.

      "Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance; Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever." Psalms 28:9
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1968 of 1968 , Oct 12 5:22 PM

        "You cannot turn me from my holy Faith by threats, nor with promises of riches and pleasures. I will obey your orders willingly, if you will leave me free to follow my religion. I would rather surrender my head to you than to change my faith. I was born a Christian, and I shall die a Christian."

        St. John the Russian and Confessor.

        "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake."  Matthew 24:9

        The Bible reading for the 3rd of Babah, October 13, is:
        1 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers. 6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them. 7 Then Jesus said to them again, Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. (John 10:1-16)
        Departure of St. Simon II, 51st Pope of the See of St. Mark.
        Martyrdom of St. John the Soldier.

        The Bible reading for the 4th of Babah, October 14, is: Luke 11:53-12:12
        Martyrdom of St. Bacchus, the Friend of St. Sergius.

        The Bible reading for the 5th of Babah, October 15, is: Mark 2:1-12
        Martyrdom of St. Paul, Patriarch of Constantinople.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.