Before Ascending

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 10:58 PM
      Before Ascending

      Christ is Risen!

      Before the Ascension, there are a few more lessons and a few things we need to understand.

      Fr John Brian explores another part of the mysterious time - when Christ walked alive among us after rising from the dead.

      Reflecting on 1 Peter 3:17 - "It is better, if it is the will of God, that you suffer for good deeds, rather than evil doing." - Fr John Brian reminds us that the power of the ascension rest squarely upon the power of the cross.

      This sermon uses the English translation of the Aramaic by Lamsa. The
      Aramaic Bible, also called the Peshitta, was written in the original
      language of Jesus and his apostles.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, May 29, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/05/before-ascending.html