FW: Our Daily Bread

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      READ: 1 John 1:5-10

      O God, You know my foolishness; and my sins are not hidden from You. —Psalm 69:5
      Chuck had slowed to a stop when his car was hit from behind and was pushed into
      the vehicle ahead of him. A sickening, crunching sound indicated that additional
      vehicles had collided behind them.
      As Chuck sat quietly for a moment, he observed that the vehicle directly behind
      him was pulling out into traffic. Obviously hoping to avoid an encounter with
      police, the escaping driver neglected to notice he had left something behind.
      When the police arrived, an officer picked up the hit-and-run driver’s license
      plate from the ground and said to Chuck, “Someone will be waiting for him when
      he arrives home. He won’t get away with this.”
      Scripture tells us: “Be sure your sin will find you out” (Num. 32:23), as this
      man who fled the accident discovered. We may sometimes be able to hide our sin
      from the people around us, but nothing is ever “hidden from [God’s] sight” (Heb.
      4:13). He sees each of our failures, thoughts, and motivations (1 Sam. 16:7;
      Luke 12:2-3).
      Believers are given a wonderful promise: “If we confess our sins, [God] is
      faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all
      unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). So don’t let unconfessed, so-called “hidden” sins
      come between you and God (vv.6-7). —Cindy Hess Kasper
      We cannot hide from God
      No matter how we try;
      For He knows all we think and do—
      We can’t escape His eye. —Hess
      Sin may be hidden from others, but never from God.