Irenaeus

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 8 , May 28, 2011
      Christ is Risen! + Indeed He is Risen!

      He sent the creative Word, who, coming to save us, was in the same place and situation in which we were when we lost life, breaking the bonds of the prison; and His light appeared and dispelled the darkness of the prison, and sanctified our birth and abolished death, loosening the same bonds by which we were trapped. And He demonstrated the resurrection, becoming Himself "the first-born from the dead," and raising in Himself fallen.

      Irenaeus, On the Apostolic Preaching
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2011
        Man is in as much need of communion with God as God is in need of nothing. For this is the glory of man: to persevere and remain in the service of God.

        Irenaeus, Against the Heresies
        The Scandal of the Incarnation
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014
          He became the Son of Man to accustom man to receive God and God to dwell in man.

          Irenaeus, Against the Heresies (3, 20, 2)
          From: The Scandal of the Incarnation
          Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore on the following platforms!