Request to SOCM members to join 'St. Mary's Jacobite Christian Charitable Forum, Trivandrum'

  • Abraham Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2011
      St. Mary's Jacobite Christian Charitable Forum, Trivandrum.
      (Under the auspices of St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church, Trivandrum.)�

      "Go away, I never knew you." St. Mathew 7:23. The most fearsome
      words of God; we all tremble to hear in that inevitable Day of Judgment; the words that we shall also care most in our life. �

      "Not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only those who do� what my father in Heaven wants them to do" St. Mathew 7:21. To be known to our Lord, the mightiest Judge of all, we need to know HIM beforehand, know HIM now and here, in our earthly life.

      "Whoever does what my Father in heaven wants him to do, is my brother, my sister and my mother". St. Mathew 12:50. Not only that we can be known to HIM, but can also become His friend and relative.

      "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I am in him" St. John 6:56

      More than a friend and relative, our Lord promises to reside with us, within each of us by consuming HIM, on condition that, we should make ourselves deserving for it beforehand.

      What are the things our father in Heaven wants us to do to make us deserving?

      "Love your neighbor as you love yourself Christ said, This is the second most important commandment"�St. Mathew 22:39. Jesus taught us that Love is the embodiment and the Essence of God, Love without conditions and covenants, Love without divisions, boundaries and barriers, Love without discretion of cast, creed, rich or poor, Love without animosity and the ultimate Love that make one love the foes more.

      "What you did for the least of your brethren, you did for me" St. Mathew 25: 40.

      Who is the least of our brethren and where do we find Him?�

      "The Lord said to the righteous: I was hungry, you fed me, thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was a stranger and you received me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me" St. Mathew 25: 35-36.

      He is every where; only we have to look for. If we know one of those who are in need of us, then we saw Him. May be a needy friend, may be someone who is very ill and no means of care and so on. May be one of our relatives in want and need our help. Just look around, we will find them. Supporting the fellowships and Charitable Institutions in our churches that care for the needy, are other means for us to reach him.

      Christ taught us that Kindness has no measure. The quantity is not important.

      "He said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: for all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God; but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had" St. Luke 21: 3-4

      Quantity is not that matters. Give from what we have. Our Lord never want us to bear any heavy burden beyond the means HE provided us with. It is kindness that I want, not sacrifices. Give out from the little we have is just what we need do. Rest will be taken care of by HIM. Greatness is in the hands of God. We need not toil or worry further for that.

      St. MARY'S JACOBITE CHRISTIAN CHARITABLE FORUM TRIVANDRUM, is a Philanthropic Association with a mission to provide service and
      support to the weak and suffering in whom we see the face of Christ.

      Prime objects of the FORUM include programs to provide guidance, help and support to the FORUM members and others coming to Trivandrum for medical treatment.

      Join the FORUM and become partner in this noble venture by subscribing just Rs.10/- monthly (Rs.120/- annually.) Associate membership is open to all believers above 18 years of age in the parishes under the Holy Apostolic See of His Holiness Patriarch of Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch and all the East. Donor membership is open to all above 18 years of age. Please send an annual subscription to the General Secretary, to register your name as an 'Associate Member or as a Donor Member in the FORUM.

      ST. MARY'S JACOBITE CHRISTIAN CHARITABLE FORUM, TRIVANDRUM.

      Office:
      T.C 9/969, CRA 75 B, Chenthi, Pongummoodu, Thiruvananthapuram, 695011.

      Resident
      Patron: Rev. Fr. Mathias Kavunkal,�
      President. P. A. Paul.
      General Secretary. A. C. Kuriakose.

      P: +91-471- 2553030
      M: +91-8547246644
      E-mail: stmarysjacobitecharitableforum@... (stmarysjacobitecharitableforum @gmail. com)

      Please forward the attached file to your friends.Thanks,

      Abraham Paul,
      Member SOCM # 3321