Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2027 , May 25, 2011
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "The Comforter, the Holy Spirit, Who fills the whole universe, passes through all believing, meek, humble, good and simple human souls, dwelling in them, vivifying and strengthening them. He becomes one spirit with them and everything to them - light, strength, peace, joy, success in their undertakings, especially to a pious life, and everything good."

      St. John of Kronstadt.

      "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2027 of 2027 , Jan 11 5:01 PM
        CHRIST IS BORN! GLORIFY HIM!

        "The Lord did not come to make a display. He came to heal and to teach suffering men. For one who wanted to make a display the thing would have been just to appear and dazzle the beholders. But for Him Who came to heal and to teach the way was not merely to dwell here, but to put Himself at the disposal of those who needed Him, and to be manifested according as they could bear it, not vitiating the value of the Divine appearing by exceeding their capacity to receive it."

        St. Athanasius, On the Incarnation of the Word.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!"  Psalm 139:17

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        The Bible reading for the 4th of Tubah, January 12, is:
        15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these? He said to Him, Yes, Lord; You know that I love You. He said to him, Feed My lambs. 16 He said to him again a second time, Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me? He said to Him, Yes, Lord; You know that I love You. He said to him, Tend My sheep. 17 He said to him the third time, Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me? Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, Do you love Me? And he said to Him, Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You. Jesus said to him, Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish. 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, Follow Me. 20 Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, Lord, who is the one who betrays You? 21 Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, But Lord, what about this man? 22 Jesus said to him, If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me. 23 Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? 24 This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true. 25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. (John 21:15-25)
        Departure of St. John the Evangelist and Theologian.

        The Bible reading for the 5th of Tubah, January 13, is: Matthew 12:9-23
        Martyrdom of St. Eusegnius (Eugenius) the Soldier.

        The Bible reading for the 6th of Tubah, January 14, is: Luke 2:21-39
        Commemoration of the Circumcision of the Lord Christ.
        The Ascension of Elijah the Prophet..
        Departure of St. Marcianus, 8th Pope of Alexandria.
        Departure of St. Basil the Great, Bishop Of Caesarea.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        Prayer Requests:

        Peter - Guidance and peace.
        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.