Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 29, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "Two people are better than one, because they get more done by working together.” (Ecclesiastes 4:9)

      Teamwork!

      We are created to stay together and work together too. Teamwork is the lubrication oil for the success of any venture. Even to get a job or to get an admission, the main criterion is how good we are as a team player. The phenomenal growth and sustainment of Christianity for the last 2000 years is rooted in the team Jesus had selected and appointed to do the commission. Jesus is the master of masters of management. That can be applied in all areas of our life. Mark 6:7 - “He called his 12 disciples together and got ready to send them out two by two.” Luke 10 :11 - "After this, the Lord chose 72 others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him.” Done in accord and unity, any work is impregnable for the enemy to defeat. Ecclesiastes 4:!2 - “A cord of 3 strings is not quickly broke.” Jesus assured answers for a prayer for those who pray together in one mind. Mathew 18:19 - "If two of you on earth agree about something and pray for it, it will be done for you.”

      Pop singer, Frankie Valli and the man who wrote most of his hits, Bob Gaudio, have worked together on a simple handshake deal since 1962. After more than 4 decades, they still split every dollar they earn 50:50. Amazingly, they even split money that each earn individually. For example, in 1978 Valli made some $2 million for singing the title song to the movie GREASE. Half went to Gaudio, who did not work on the film. Three years later, Gaudio produced the music for the Neil Diamond film, The Jazz Singer. Half his profits went to Valli. The two friends, who grew up in a working class Italian neighbourhood, conceived of their unusual arrangement when they were struggling to launch their singing group. Figuring they could achieve more by supporting each other, the two friends decided from the beginning that they would watch each other’s back - forever. Added Valli; “If you trust your partner, contracts are not important. We have never had to police on each other.”

      Prayer : Jesus, teach us how to live and work together. Let us have the spirit of unity and trust. We praise you for the trust and unity of Valli and Gaudio. Let us work as a team in our homes, in jobs, in churches and have the fruits of it. Destroy all the forces of disunity and mistrust. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Monday 30th May 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com