St.George JSO Simhasana Church,Al Ain-UAE elevated as "Cathedral​"

  • Rev. Fr.Mathaikunju Chathanattukudi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2011
    St.George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church,Al Ain,United Arab Emirates elevated to Cathedral� by His Holiness Ignatius Zaka Iwas. H.B Catholicose Baselios Thomas I declared on May 13th 2011. Diocesan Bishop Mathews Mor Aphrem read the Holy Bull of Patriarch.

    On the same day H.B Catholicose Baselios Thomas I� installed Holy relic of Saint Gregorios Chathuruthil(Parumala Thirumeni).

    By the Immense Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, Our Church has Grown from a small Eucharistic community using rented premises to a vibrant parish with a beautiful place of worship and parish centre. Now Our Church is the one of the biggest Church outside Kerala with a blend of Syrian and Kerala's traditional architecture and a proud Church for Syrian orthodox Community among the entire universe.

    Holy Trimass lead by His Beatitude Catholicose Baselios Thomas I ,Assisted by Diocesan bishop HG Mathews Mor Aphrem and HG Yaqub Mor Anthonios(Honavar Mission)

    Rev.Fr.Mathai Kunju Chathanattukudy expressed the deepest gratitude to His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zaka 1st Iwas, Patriarch,H.B Catholicose Baselios Thomas I,Diocesean bishop HG Mathews Mor Aphrem and HG Yaqub Mor Anthonios(Honavar Mission) for their esteemed presence and Blessings.Mr. Joseph Varghese (Church Secretary)and Mr. Jacob V Thomas(Church Trustee) had done the arrangements for all these functions

    We have celebrated perunnal of St.George with Rasa(procession),Chenda Melam and love feast.

    As a token of appreciation, Catholicose presented a Memento to Chevalier Joy Thanangadan on behalf of the parish during the function.

    Fr.Mathaikunju Chathanattukudi(Vicar)