Visudha Grandham

    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 161 KB
    Dear All,

    I am happy to announce that the publication of the VISUDHA GRANDHAM, the great
    work done by our pride Very Rev. Dr. Kurian Corepiscopa Kaniamparampil, will be
    published in future from the head quarters of the Jacobite Syrian Church under
    the supervision and guidance of H.B. Basalius Thomas 1 Catholicose.

    This official Bible of the Syrian Church is priced Rs.150 disregarding the
    production costs that increased several times since 1994. It needs the great
    support of our parishes and esteemed members of our church. We are also aware of
    the need to subsidize this cost for the financially weak and the students.

    I am expressing my thanks to the few people who supported us to subsidize in the
    past. A few hundreds of copies were circulated at Rs.75/- We need to continue
    this scheme.

    I also like to remind churches and individuals to sponsor a few thousand copies
    each in commemoration of events in the life of parishes and people. Anyone can
    support this ministry by donation of Rs.1.5 Lakhs for every 1000 copies.
    Partial supports can also be given. Anyone interested can contact the office of
    His Beatitude at Puthencruz. I will always be there to co ordinate.

    We are now preparing for a reprint of the same. Suggestions, if any, may kindly
    be forwarded to me directly.

    Soliciting all supports and Prayers.

    Prileminary pages of the Visudha Grandham is also attached.

    Dr.Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Cheeranchira, Changanaserry,
    Kerala, Pin: 686 106 India
    Tel. +91 481 272 4353

    Cell: +91 944 620 3002
    Email: moolelachen@ yahoo.com
  • Jinesh John
    Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2011
      Dear All

      On viewing the announcement by respected moolelachan,I'm extremely happy and rejoiced that a long cherished dream is going to get fulfilled;it's a sad fact that many others like me had been enquiring about "visuddha grantham" for the past 2 years in almost all famous church stores including the Book Stall at Patriarch centre in search of this Holy scripture,but none was available.I had also mentioned this in this forum about a year ago;anyway,the present initiative leaded by very Rev:Mooleyil Corepiscopa and other eminent scholars of our church to have a reprint of this H.Book need to be congratulated and this venture has to be supported with top priority from NRI's as it is one of the proud projects of our church;it has been a pity that we people after having the richest litturgical and spiritual traditions still have a copy of incomplete version of H.Bible that is published by Bible society of India which I presume is predominantly of protestant nature;the Roman Catholics have their own complete bible which every family have their own copy at home;we should also make it mandatory that every home should have a copy of vishuddha grantham;also we should include citations from the "vishuddha grantham" in sunday school texts so that it become more popular;once again personally congratulate and extend by whole hearted support to all those behind this venture

      regards
      Jinesh John
      ID 4003
      Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2011
        Jinesh,
        Thank you for the response.
        VG was available in all book stores of the church till recently.
        It became out of print a few months back.
        Two reprints were made after May 2008.
        Next will come out this month.
        Getting ready for another reprint in September 2011.
        Please continue prayers and support.

        Dr.Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
        Cheeranchira, Changanaserry,
        Kerala, Pin: 686 106 India
        Tel. +91 481 272 4353

        Cell: +91 944 620 3002
        Director: Theeram, India Center for Social Change http://www.icsctheeram.org
        Director, Mor Adai Study Centre http://www.moradaistudycenter.org
      • Vatachal Thomas John
        Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2011
          Hon'ble Moderators and Members of the Forum,

          There are grave variations in Lk 2.14 in other translations vis-a-vis the CORRECT translation in the Visudhagrandham (Kaniyamparambil). So also the translations of Ps 4:4 are different. The Masmoor 4:4 in the Visudhagrandham is very much in conformity with Eph:4:26

          Our preachers are, I beg to submit very humbly, not aware of the position and preach taking the other versions to be correct even though they make use of the correct text in the prayers and offices of our Church. One can jocularly say that when they face the Lord, the CORRECT versions will come out from them and when they face the congregation only the INCORRECT versions will  come out  from them.

          It is hoped that in the next edition of the Visudagrandham, under the caption "Paadhabhetham" at the end of the Gospel According to St.Luke  the variation in Lk.2:14 will be mentioned. So also the cross reference of  Ps.4:4 & Eph.4:26 will be given under Psalm 4  and Ephesians Chapter 4

          V T John
          ID 3085