Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 8, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      “Come and see.” (John 1:46)

      We need not to have a formula for an end to all religious fights, murders in the name of God, and even the end of all doubts in the supreme deity.

      “I’m the maid servant of the Lord. Let this happen to me as you say” (Luke 1:38). St. Mary didn’t turn back till she was called from this earth to heaven. For her, she had no fear for the cause of Jesus to tell the world, “Do whatever Jesus tells you to do.” Doubters and fighters should unarm themselves from their hubris of earthly wisdom and get down to the feet of Jesus. He is very near, very simple and we are the abode for him to stay for eternity and to give us the ecstasy of heavenly beauty and happiness. The realization of God is the prerogative of all human beings, that won’t be acquired with any amount of money or any type of intellectual, physical and spiritual exercises. Come to Jesus with the conscience and mind of a child and go back with the kingdom of heaven, Jesus. “Let whoever thirsty come, whoever wishes may have the water of life as a free gift” (Revelation 22:17).

      The blessed John Paul II had the gift of experiencing the presence of Jesus when he was 20 years old. The mystic was back from the desert. “Tell us”, the people said, “What God is like?” But how could he ever tell them what he had experienced in his heart? Can God be put into words? He finally gave them a formula - inaccurate, inadequate, in the hope that some might be tempted to experience it for themselves. They sized up on the formula. They made a sacred text. They imposed it on others as a holy belief. They took great pains to spread it in foreign lands. Some even gave their lives for it. “I have seen God face to face, but my life was saved” (Genesis 32:30). God is a reality to those who seek him in sincerity. Remove all masks of artificiality and let us be genuine to ourselves.

      Prayer : Jesus, tear all types of masks that we have. Let those who are longing for you, experience you. Don’t hide from us as we are tired and helpless. Let all the fights, divisions and war in the name of Jesus, come to an end. May a great awakening of your holy spirit fill the earth. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto, 9th May 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V