Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1914 , May 4, 2011
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Even here I rest in Christ and with Christ; how, then, can I do otherwise than to believe that eternal rest in Him awaits me after death, and after the struggle against earthly enemies? Here without Christ I feel oppressed and in pain; how can I do otherwise than believe that it will be still more grievous to be without Christ there, when He will finally cast me away from before His face? Thus the present state of our souls foreshadows the future. The future will be a continuation of the present inward condition, only in a modified form as to its degree: for the righteous it will be turned into the fullness of eternal glory; for sinners, into the fullness of everlasting torment."

      St. John of Kronstadt.

      "For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." Galatians 6:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1914 of 1914 , Jul 16 5:40 PM

        "There are works which we see as good but are unacceptable to God. Let us not look at one another in judgement and thus defile the holy places. For the Lord did not plant in the Paradise good trees and bad trees, but He planted only the good trees. He did not plant in it fruitless trees or trees bearing bad fruit. Not only this, but even the people He placed there, when they disobeyed, He did not bear them and cast them from it. From this, my brethren, know that it is not appropriate for the holy dwelling places of God to be filled with people who are evil and good. The world is full of sinners, unfaithful and defiled people as well as saints, but those who sin shall not be left in it but He will take them out. I know that the whole earth is the Lord’s, so if His house is similar to the rest of the earth then what will be its advantage? If I am a priest and do evil deeds like the evil people on earth, I should not be called a priest. So many times we do the wrong things but we do not judge ourselves. Nobody dares to fill your house with dirt unless he finds you negligent. The king’s chamberlain dares not allow anybody to enter the place whether he is complying with the king’s rules or not, without the king’s permission. If he does allow anything different from this, then he will be punished."

        St. Shenouda the Archimandrite, A Homily said in the Eleventh Hour of Monday of the Holy Pascha.

        "One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple."  Psalm 27:4

        The Bible reading for the 10th of Abib, July 17, is:
        20 Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy. 21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you. 23 And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. 26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; 27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. 28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father. 29 His disciples said to Him, See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! 30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God. 31 Jesus answered them, Do you now believe? 32 Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. (John 16:20-33)
        Martyrdom of St. Theodore, Bishop of Pentapolis.
        Martyrdom of St. Theodore, Bishop of Corinth, and his companions.
        Departure of Anba Gabriel VII, 95th Pope of Alexandria.

        The Bible reading for the 11th of Abib, July 18, is: Luke 12:4-12
        Martyrdom of Sts. John and Simon, his cousin.
        Departure of St. Isaiah, the hermit.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.