Sathya Sai Baba and me

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2011
      Dear Mathew G. Daniel,

      I truly appreciate your curiosity and exploration of the subject, knowledge and understanding of the Bible, the church, especially the
      Syrian Jacobite rites, faith and order.

      I’m a simple humble priest of Jacobite Syrian church who would like to follow Jesus thick and thin. I don’t want to go into any further arguments and counter arguments which will most probably end in no solution, and no change of attitude.

      “Father forgive them, because they don’t know what they are doing” ( Luke 23:34). His commandment is to love each other, pray for our enemies, and forgive everybody as he has forgiven our debts and sins, and he even prayed for all those who had crucified him on the cross. This is an all inclusive love, encompassing all human beings. As an ordained priest of your church, I can’t do more than to pray and love all.

      The wrong interpretation of the scriptures and its understating has lead the anti-semitic feelings and the massacre and persecution of millions of innocent Jews all over the world. The hate and intolerance theology and its way of life is anti-thesis to Christianity and Christians.

      Our duty till the end of time is to pray for all, even our enemies, if we have the spirit of Jesus’ love irrespective of one's credentials, status, religion, crime or self-proclamation of God. In the matter of charity and straightforwardness to run an institution, St. Thomas Charitable Trust in Chennai, is an honest and well run organization. Once a prestigious research institution in India with the recommendation and security of a Governor had tempted the Trust, (incidentally I was in the decision making body) with a commission of Rs 110 crores for legally transferring a huge amount of foreign money through our Trust to their Trust on our FCRI number. We out rightly, on the spot rejected it without any second thoughts. With zero administrative cost and without giving any bribes to any government or non-government institution, we have the experience of running an Old Age Home, a mission hospital, a palliative care for the cancer patients, and of course the church, the biggest and the first as our own in our property in the metropolitan city of Chennai. I hope I have clarified the situation.

      Regards and God bless

      Yours truly
      Paulose Achen