Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 7, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one on your book".(Psalm 56:8)

      God cares even for an innocent child's death.

      God is in his sovereign control in the course of people’s lives. Even in our deepest sorrows, God cares. Jesus reminded us further of how much he understands us, even the hairs on our head are all numbered (Mathew 10:30). Often we waver between faith and fear. When you feel so discouraged that you are sure no one understands, remember that God knows every problem and sees every tear. God is always at work. God has been working quietly and patiently throughout your life as well. The events, even a death that has come about for good, is not a mere coincidence, they are the result of God’s eternal plan for the good of his children. With our limited knowledge, we can’t fathom the deepness of God’s love and care in the course of our lives at present and in the future.” As you don’t know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you can’t understand the works of God, the maker of all things" (Ecclesiastes 11:5). “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to harvest” (Ecclesiastes 3:1,2).

      Ambika, a 2 year old child was brought to Britain from India by her father, Swaraj Paul in 1966 for the treatment of Leukemia. She died in UK at the age of 4 in England in 1968. The family was drowned in tears and sadness. It was now that the phoenix emerged from the ashes of death. He decided to stay back in UK where his daughter was buried. After his daughter’s tragic death, he went on to create the Caparo group of companies which currently has a turnover of billions of dollars and has offices all over the world. He is now one of the richest man in the world and the British Government have honoured him with the title, “Lord”. He has set up “The Ambika Foundation”, a charitable trust in memory of her daughter. The foundation promotes the well- being of children around the world through education, culture, health and seeks to encourage and inspire them to learn about the world they live in. While receiving treatment in England, the London zoo became Ambika’s favourite destination. And in 1994, when the zoo was under the threat of closure, Lord Paul gave 1 million pounds to the Zoological Society of London which used that donation for rebuilding the London’s children's Zoo in her name.

      “The lord gave me what I had and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord” (Job 1:21). Arise and shine from the darkness of bitterness, sadness and sorrows, Jesus is in control of destiny.

      Prayer : Jesus, let us connect to your plan of eternity in our darkest periods of lives especially, the death of a child. Let us be confident that you are in control of our lives. We pray for all the families and individuals who are in deep sorrow and trouble or the sickness of their children and tragic deaths. We pray for your unforeseen presence and help to come out from the shock. Let’s say ‘Jesus cares’. We remember the soul of the child Ambika and pray for lord Paul. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen

      With love and hope,
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto, Sunday, 8thMay 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com