St.George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church,Al Ain-UAE will be elevated as "Cathedral"

  • Chev.Joy Thanangadan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2011
    “Glory to God”
    St.George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church,Al Ain,United Arab Emirates will be elevated to “Cathedral” by His Holiness Ignatius Zaka Iwas and will be declared by H.B Catholicose Baselios Thomas I on May 13th 2011.On the same day H.B Catholicose Baselios Thomas I will install Holy relic of Saint Gregorios Chathuruthil(Parumala Thirumeni).Our Diocesan Bishop Mathews Mor Aphrem will be leading and presiding the entire programmes.

    Our Church is located at the foothills of Jabal Hafeet in Al Ain-UAE. Al Ain designed to make an International tourism attraction to lure tourist from the Gulf region.Al Ain is known as "The Garden City of the Gulf".

    Our Church was established on 21st of January 1979.Over the years since the inception,St.George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church in Al Ain has served as a center for spiritual guidance and solace to a number of families and bachelors that have come from various places of India, Ethiopia, Coptic and Various Oriental Orthodox Churches .We have the privilege of worshiping God together, of supporting one another in sorrow and trial, and of aiding others in all the community.

    Over the past decade, the church has witnessed a phenomenal growth in the number of members who come to witness the Holy Mass. In this circumstances, the members of the church felt that a permanent church needs to be constructed to satisfy the spiritual needs of the increasing population. In addition to God's blessings, With His Holiness mercy, the UAE Government have been allocated a beautiful land(8,100 Square Meter) for worshipping God together in Al Ain.In January, 2010 We have Completed the construction and consecrated a beautiful church with the blessings of the Almighty God, blessings of HH, Sincere effort of our Diocese Metropolitan H.G Mathews Mor Aphrem and the support and prayers of the members of the church and well wishers. Our Church has Grown from a small Eucharistic community using rented premises to a vibrant parish with a beautiful place of worship and parish centre. Now Our Church is the one of the biggest Church outside Kerala with a blend of Syrian and Kerala's traditional architecture.St.Johns Chappel,Ruwais is under the jurisdiction of this Church.

    Really this is a proud Church for Syrian orthodox Community among the entire universe.

    We pledge our loyalty to the Apostolic throne of St.Peter and His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zaka 1st Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East. We also pledge our loyalty to our Diocesan Metropolitan His Grace Mathews Mor Aphrem under the Holy See of Antioch. Once again reiterating that we owe a huge debt of gratitude to the Holy Trinity for blessing and guiding us throughout the years.

    A grand public meeting is being held on the same day evening with well known dignitaries and religious leaders with Church members celebrating the occasion.

    May the prayers of Morth Mariam- the ever loving mother of God, St. George: our patron saint and of all the saints of Holy Church be remain a fortress in our ways in life.

    Fr.Mathaikunju Chathanattukudi(Vicar)
    St.George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Simhasana Church,
    Al Ain - United Arab Emirates.

    Chev.Joy Thanangadan
    ID 4061