Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 4 4:10 PM
      Today's Bible verse

      “The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. And for those who lived in the land where death casts its shadow, a light has shined.” (Mathew 4:16)

      A life that brings the flood light of heavenly peace, love, and hope and the dew of grace and blessings.

      We are the light of the world and we are the children of God – the light. Light ever shines in darkness and death. Our life and presence should always bring hope to the hopeless, faith to the faithless, life to those who live in darkness and the valley of death, food to the hungry, home to the homeless, care to the neglected, love to the unloved and healing to the sick. We should be angels of heavenly joy and not be angels of darkness and death. When darkness of inhuman and ungodly activities are gripping and spreading all over the world, we the sons and daughters of light should not hide our light for fear and doubt but shine like a light on the hill top. Let us be the little angels of heaven. We are the candles to be burned to light. "Arise, Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all to see. For the glory of the Lord rises to shine on you” (Isaiah 60:1).

      Here's how Mother Teresa touched the life of a man in Kalighat. “I never forgot the man I picked up from an open drain, except for his face...worms were crawling all over his body. There were holes in his body everywhere, he was being eaten up alive. He must have fainted and fallen into an open drain and people must have passed and passed, but the dirt had covered him up. I saw something moving and realized that it was a human being. I took him out, took him to our house, and he was still. I had not yet begun cleaning him, the only words he said: ‘I have lived like an animal in the street, but I’m going to die like an angel, loved, and cared for. Two hours later, by the time we finished cleaning him, he died. But there was such a radiating joy in his face. I’ve never seen that kind of joy, real joy. The joy that Jesus came to give us. That complete content complete surrender.”

      Let us not close our eyes and live in our own cocoon, but look on our neighbours who are in trouble and give a lifting hand to those who are in the drain of misery.

      Prayer : Jesus, let us rise and shine. Don’t remove your light from us. We pray for those who are in the service of your love by sacrificing their life for the rejected by this uncaring, self- centered and insensitive world. We pray for all those who are live in darkness of this world. Let them see and touch your light of life before they fade away from this world. Let us all become the couriers of your light. We remember the soul of the man Mother nursed and intercede for us to Saint Mother Teresa. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Aachen
      Thursday, 5th May 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V