Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1838 , May 1, 2011
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "To him [Judas], it seemed to be wasting the ointment because the jar is broken, but for us, it was a great good because the perfume spread throughout the world. Why are you indignant, Judas, because the alabaster jar is broken? God, Who made you and all the nations, is blessing us with that precious perfume. You wanted to keep the perfume sealed up so that it would not reach others."

      St. Jerome.

      "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1838 of 1838 , Mar 16 5:48 PM

        "The only road to salvation from your bad thoughts, deeds and works is Repentance. Repentance and confession forgive sins as they rechannel your sins from your responsibility to Christ's responsibility."

        His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.

        "Hear the voice of my supplications When I cry to You, When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary."  Psalm 28:2

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Baramhat, March 17, is:
        21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed. 23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, Send her away, for she cries out after us. 24 But He answered and said, I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, Lord, help me! 26 But He answered and said, It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs. 27 And she said, Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. 28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire. And her daughter was healed from that very hour. 29 Jesus departed from there, skirted the Sea of Galilee, and went up on the mountain and sat down there. 30 Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them the lame, blind, mute, maimed, and many others; and they laid them down at Jesus' feet, and He healed them. 31 So the multitude marveled when they saw the mute speaking, the maimed made whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel. (Matt. 15:21-31)
        Martyrdom of St. Matthias, the apostle.
        Departure of St. Julian, the Eleventh Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Arianus, the Governor of Ansena.
        Commemoration of the Departure of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, 117th Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of St. Mark.
        Commemoration of the Departure of Father Faltaeous El Soriany.

        The Bible reading for the 9th of Baramhat, March 18, is: Matthew 21:33-46
        Departure of St. Konan.
        Martyrdom of Sts. Abrianus, Amrata his wife, Eusebius, Armanius, and the Forty Martyrs.

        The Bible reading for the 10th of Baramhat, March 19, is: John 10:22-38
        The Feast of the Cross.
        Commemoration Of the Appearance Of The Glorious Cross.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness