Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 2, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      " The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.”(James 5:16)

      Parkinson disease ,non curable but treatable is cured by the intercessory prayers!

      Departed souls intercede for us. “Then Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Jesus.”(Mathew 17:3).Long before Jesus they were departed from the earth. “Listen! He is calling Elijah.”(Mark 15:35) Jews have the practice of calling Elijah’s intercessory prayers. Scientific studies have shown conclusive evidence of the power of prayer. Prayer is real ,and it works. Prayer is the first genuine out burst of love towards others. The unique and the only mediator between God and human beings- Jesus, the Man and God , commands us to intercede for others. “But I say to you, love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you.”(Mathew 5:44) Bodily separation gives us more closeness to Jesus and more effective prayers for the dearer ones. “Can anything separate us from the love of Christ has for us.—violent death?(Romans 8:35) “For to me to live is Christ and death is more profitable.” “Now we see in a mirror dimly, but in heaven we see face to face.”(1 Corinthians 13 :12) Jesus says, “ If you ask me for anything in my name I will do it.’(John 14:14) “Praise God who did not ignore my prayer or hold back his love from me.”(Psalm 66:20) “We are surrounded by a great glory cloud of witness.”(Hebrew 12:1) The cloud of witness refer to the saints who intercede for us and cheer us on our race to heaven. So don’t worry of about anything that seems insurmountable and non curable, all put on the shoulders of Jesus through the intercessory prayers of saints.

      John Paul 11 was beatified (Blessed) by the catholic Church on Sunday 1 May 2011. He was died on April 2 2005. French nun, sister Marie- Simon – Pierre has been cured from her Parkinson disease by the intercessory prayers of John Paul 11 on the night between June 2 and June 3, 2005. She said, she and her fellow nuns had prayed for the intercession of the pope after his death to cure her from Parkinson diseases. She later resumed her work as a maternity nurse. Appearing at a vigil on Saturday, she told the crowed: “I was cured .” ‘I wake up at 4 in the morning and felt something had changed in me.” John Paul 11’s own suffering is being highlighted in beatification, with aides testify about his long battle with Parkinson disease.

      “He likes the prayers of honest people .”(Proverbs 15:8)’ The 24 elders bowed down before the lamb. Each one of them had a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s holy people.”(Revelation 5:8)

      Prayer

      Jesus, We pray for all the sick’s who are in pain and fear of incurable diseases like Aids. We submit our prayers through the intercessory prayers of all the saints in the name of Jesus. Let us feel we are not alone but with innumerable saints who are our dear ones interceding for us day and night. We pray for all our departed ones. We remember the saintly John Paul 11. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto, Tuesday 3 May 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V