Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 1, 2011
      Today's Bible verse

      "Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.” (Ephesians 6:18)

      A small push in the right direction is all we need to succeed in this life.

      Success has many fathers. But you know there are millions who are on the verge of extinction due to lack of support in terms of encouragement, appreciation, prayer, identifying talents, financial constraints, etc. A breakthrough in life always needs a loving hand of support. We live in a world of sin and temptations, unemployment and financial breakdown, illiteracy and poverty, sickness and death, shock and depression, death and tears. Just like a baby needs support to stand on his legs, similarly the unfortunate people in life need the support of the graduated winners of life. Like how the disabled needs crutches, the blind need a stick, so also the backbenchers in life need the pull and push of the front benchers. It is a disgrace, and ungodly that we break down the ladder as soon as we have climbed up the tree so that others cannot use it. People are scared to support others for fear of losing their own position forgetting that they are who they are because of the support of others.

      I was at the crossroads of life after my post graduation from Nirmala College, Muvattipuzha in 1980 with a decent academic record. I wandered aimlessly for two years taking morning classes in JB College, Muvattupuzha, and took afternoon classes in Santhi Nikethen Women’s College in Pazhaoor Piravom. Not knowing exactly what I wanted to pursue in life, I was looking around for a lecturer's post, knocking at the doors of Bishops and priests for a break to get an admission for theological studies in India or abroad, getting married or to be a bachelor priest. By the divine Providence, I met the great soul of the learned, angelic and experienced Late H.G. Mor Osthathiose Thomas Thirumeni, stationed at His Grace’s ancestral home at Puthuvelly, Koothatttukulam. H.G. advised me as a father, to go to Chennai for higher studies and recommended a job in St Mary’s Junior college as an economic teacher-cum–warden, a land of opportunities, but I regret to say that I hadn’t used the opportunity fully. I was given a breakthrough in my life and I’m always thankful to the Late Thirumeni, and thousands and thousands of Halleluiah to Jesus, my Lord and God.

      “A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor” (Proverbs 22:9). “And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers” (1 John 3: 16).

      Prayer : Jesus, let us be Jesus to our brothers and sisters. Let our presence encourage and point out their talents for their good. We pray for those who are not getting an opportunity in this life to use and express their talents and aspirations in you. We pray for all the good souls of people like the Late H.G. Mor Osthathiose Thomas. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto, Monday, 2nd May 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V