Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 28, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      “I can’t go in these," (the armour given to David by Saul, the king) David protested to Saul, "I’m not used to them." So David took them off again. (1 Samuel 17:39)

      Always be genuine in whatever you do.

      The world has become a stage. Those who act well, are rewarded. So, now all want to become actors. There is always a huge demand for publicity in the artificial make-over world. Each of us have our own unique personality and name, and that cannot be traded. We are most comfortable when we are on our own. With an artificial/put-on mask or attitude, one cannot reach their zone of comfort and do justice to their full potential. David, the shepherd is comfortable with his staff and sling to fight with the Philistines than with the armour of Saul, the king. So, he fought well and defeated the Philistines. We should be a man of words. Our dress-up should not mask our originality. We are truly in need of true human beings now. Let us just not pretend anymore.

      Jeff, the millionaire, says, "Once my friend Joe told me that his friend Zack was coming to Toronto. I was invited and went in casual clothes as I like to be simple and comfortable wherever possible. As I was leaving to go home, Zack said, “You know, Mr. Jeff, I must say, It’s hard to believe that you are a millionaire." “Why is that?’ I asked. "Well, you don’t look like one and you don’t dress like one." Jeff advises, “You’ll never know, nor can you change, what others say or think about you, so don’t waste your energy trying to change others' opinions. Just know who you are and where you stand. Looks can be deceiving. You can be very well- dressed and drive expensive cars but not own them. Well, here in Canada, you can look rich but be poor. Or you can be rich and look poor. You can borrow money from the banks and use credit cards to help you look rich, but when you’re really rich, you don’t need to display it.”

      “Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them.” (Romans 12:9)

      Prayer: Jesus, let us remove our masks and be genuine. We pray for the spiritual leaders to be genuine. May those who suffer under fraudsters be protected. Let the truth triumph in all fields. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto, Friday 29th, April 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com