Sathya Sai Baba and Me

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 27 11:53 AM
      Sree Sathya Sai Baba and me

      Jesus is my God and my Lord. He is love and love is God and God is love. “This royal law is found in the scripture: Love your neighbour as you love yourself” (James 2:8).

      "Those who do not love their brothers and sisters, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have never seen” (1 John 4:20). The last judgment of Jesus is in accordance with the service you and I have rendered to the poor. "I tell you the truth, anything you did for even the least of my people here, you also did for me” (Mathew 25:40).
      Jesus said, “I have come to the world to serve not to be served’ (Mathew 20 :28). I believe that all these principles of Jesus were put into practice by Sree Sathya Baba in his 85 years of earthly life.

      Our church in Chennai and I have been enjoying the service and love that he has instilled in the lives of his disciples to serve others without receiving any returns. St. Mary’s Mission Hospital in Chennai under our Jacobite Syrian church, is getting free service from a Sree Sathya Sai Baba devotee, Dr. Danumthiri, a dermatologist for the last 4 years. The Mission hospital, Santha Bhavan - the destitute home, and Abhayam, the palliative care for cancer patients, were started to give free treatment and service to the poor and needy, completely free of cost depending on Jesus. Dr. Danumthiri had advised me, “Father, don’t collect any amount from the patients for treatment. You see how the Sathya Sai hospitals run without collecting any amount from the patients. I work as a doctor free of cost as a service to God, not for money.” It is sad but true that I had personally approached a number of Christian doctors for the service in the mission hospital, but all of them wanted money and nobody was willing to work for free. Finally, the great soul of the Late Dr. Elizabeth John directed her friend, Dr Danumthiri to our hospital.

      I pray for the soul of Sree Sathya Sai Baba. My condolences to all the devotees and well wishers of Baba.

      Paulose Achen
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29 6:13 AM
        Dear Benny, my bother in Jesus,

        I write a truth to wake the conscience of Christians, to act and to live for Jesus and his commands of love but not to join with Sai Bahjans. We should not close our eyes and ears to the facts and things that are going around us. If God does not allow even the
        Staten can’t move a step forward from its den. If we the children of God are not ready to wake from our slumber of inaction at the call for love and mercy then God uses others to wake up the sleepers and does good to the needy. Sai Baba was a human being born from the womb of a mother as we are all born. So what ever the things he has done not with concurrence with Christian faith and dictum, eschew it ,and the good part of it, accept it. The Beneficiaries should always be thankful to God.

        Usually I write the facts in simple and direct to understand at a glance. I am sorry if anybody does not get the message what it meant.

        Love and hope

        Your brother in Jesus
        Paulose Achen
      • Mathew G. Daniel
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2011
          I am so sorry to read the dialogues between Fr. Paulose, Benny and Mathew. These are the days of rejoice after the resurrection of our Lord and Saviour.Or in other words victory over death. How sad is an ordained priest of our church prays for the soul of a person who claimed himself as god and had millions of devotees and temples all over the world.

          Let him be god I have no consern over it my consern is about our priest. Achen may please ref Isaiah 14:15 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!how art thou cut down to the ground which didst weaken the nations!........I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most high.

          You may know what happend to him who wanted to be same as God, first in the garden of Eden, our mother wanted to be like God and the toxic sting of death was broken and destroyed, at the Holy Alater of God at Calvery. We are advised by our priests to meditate the sufferings of the Son of God and to wait for the Holy Spirit these days, in between a priest is forcing people to be liberal with other gods. By doing this Rev. Fr. you are telling us to breake the First Commandment itself. If you have some benefits by doing it do in camera, Please remember one thing the majority of the one who goes thru the pages of these net work are simply ignorent of theology and philosophy like you, I am a representitive of a country folk who struggles to make both ends meet. In between we do try to follow the foot prints of our fore-fathers who taught us :

          Ningale njgalareechathozhi chingoruvan vannariyichal
          Vanavnenkiluma doothan thaneslkum sabhayin shapam.

          So please dont use this media for false teachings because people like me always respects ordained priestts and follow their instructions as the millions of common folks in Jesusalem have followed thier priests to shout out Crucify Him. So since being in the shoes of a shepard please don't inspire us to think of other Gods and their Charity.

          If you are very much attracted by the charity and other wordly things like that please read Gal : 6:7-8 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsover a man sowth, that shall he also reap.For he that sowth to his flesh reap corruption; but he that sowth to the spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

          If Fr. Paulose is very much attracted by the charity works please open the Holy Book and go thru II Thes 3:6-7 Now we command you, bretheren, in the name of our lord Jesus Christ that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not afterthe tradition which he received for us. For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among us.

          Lastly, in the Letter to Ephesus God compliments the Church :
          Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaltanes, which I also hate.

          Nicolas was one among the seven selected along with St. Stephen, The entire people of Ephesus were habitual to eat sheep that was offered to Arthamese Devi and to have enjoyment before her statue, that was a part and partial of those days. but as St. Paul baptized them and strictly advised to abstain from these parctice it was difficult for the primitive christians to live over there. They were not permitted to trade there in the city. The christian were in the question To Be, or Not To Be..

          At this stage Nicolos stood up with the theory that those that we do in flesh end with flesh and it wont affect the Spirit so no need to stay away from the culture of the city. Those who followed the double standard is known as Nicolaltanes. This is what God says I also hate.
          Please father don't lead us to false teachings. You may have a lot of reasons and Verses, but we are like sheep who follow the path and does not have much intellegence to separate rice and stone.

          ALWAYS WRITE ON THINGS THAT HAS A DIRECT LINK WITH OUR SOUL WHICH MAY LEAD US TO THE TREE OF LIFE AND INTO THE KINGDOM WHERE THE LAMP IS THE LAMB.

          If you are after free service from christain doctors, just worship him once you will get the entire world, which was offered to Jesus during his days in the Desert.

          An ardent Syrian Orthodox Christian who never negotiate in terms of Beliefs and Sacraments.

          Mathew G. Daniel
          ID # 4569

          :
          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr. Paulose V V wrote:

          > Sree Sathya Sai Baba and me
          >
          > Jesus is my God and my Lord. He is love and love is God and God is love. "This royal law is found in the scripture: Love your neighbour as you love yourself" (James 2:8).
        • Joseph Renji Panakal,
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2011
            Dear all

            Poulose Achen, I believe, has expressed his condolenses on the demise of Sathya Sai Baba, purely because of the culture of service to the poor and needy advocated by Sai Baba. Our Lord has also taught us this aspesct through the "Good Samaritan". I find no wrong in this. The Missioneries of the past alongwith the preaching of Christianity had also extended their services to the poor and needy - many a hopitals, education istituitons etc have come up and flourished not for making money but for the service rendered.

            We in our life only study the Holy Bible, but go back in exercising the truth of the service highlighted therin.

            Joseph Renji Panakal, Kochi

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr. Paulose V V wrote:

            > Sree Sathya Sai Baba and me
            >
            > Jesus is my God and my Lord. He is love and love is God and God is love. "This royal law is found in the scripture: Love your neighbour as you love yourself" (James 2:8).

            From the desk of the Moderators:

            Please sign your messages with member ID. If you do not have a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.
          • Mathew G M.
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2011
              Dear Mathew G Daniel,
              I don't see anything wrong with Fr. Paulose praying for the soul of Sai Baba. As Christians we are asked to pray for all. All are the children of God and as Christians we hope and pray for the Salvation of all.

              Remember the Gospel of St.Matthew 4:44-45
              "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven."

              We are asked not to love and pray for just the Syriac Orthodox Patrairch faction. We have to love and pray for the IOC, the Devalokam Catholicose, the Roman Catholics, the Hindus, Osama Bin Laden, and even Sai Baba.

              As our Lord Says in Matthew 4:46-48
              If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

              Achen was very clear in his second message. He highlighted Sai Baba to draw the contrast between the Sai believers and Christians in light of the charitable hospital. Even when the non-Christain Sai believers were willing to do the good deeds, baptized Syriac Orthodox Christains were not. So what good is that baptism and chrismation for us; for without works our faith is dead. The dead faith does not do us much good. It is the living faith that saves us.

              In Christ,
              Mathew G M.
              0929

              Message 6 of 10 , May 3, 2011
                Dear Brother Mathew,

                I don't have much knowledge in this matter still you kindly read 2 Cor 6:14-18 and meditate it.

                I know one thing once I went to Manjinikara Dayara fro giving Kubrabanappanam for a Hindu friend the Rev. Deacon siting at the counter told me that a Hindu name shall not be accepted. If it is so how a rev, priest can pray for the soul of a self styled or believed god whose idols are worshiped world wide.

                He can perform miracles. Ask Justice Krishnayyer, he said he got a ring from the air.

                Shall I ask a simple question to you sir, When you count it as a merit to give free service to the hospital, do we give free service to the patients also.

                You said it correctly we have faith in words on;y not in deeds.

                thank you,

                Mathew G. Daniel
                ID # 4569

                --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathew G M. wrote:

                > Dear Mathew G Daniel,
                > I don't see anything wrong with Fr. Paulose praying for the soul of Sai Baba. As Christians we are asked to pray for all. All are the children of God and as Christians we hope and pray for the Salvation of all.
                >
                > Remember the Gospel of St.Matthew 4:44-45
                > "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven."

              • Rev. Fr. Peter Farrington
                Message 7 of 10 , May 4, 2011
                  As agreed at the last meeting of the COOC, the Annual Oriental Orthodox Festival and Liturgy will be taking place on Saturday, 14th May, at 10 am at

                  St Michaels Eritrean Orthodox Church
                  78 Edmund Street,
                  Camberwell,
                  SE5 7NR,
                  United Kingdom

                  http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=eritrean+orthodox+camberwell&fb=1&hq=eritrean+orthodox&hnear=Camberwell,+Greater+London,+UK&cid=0,0,4795233989174577289&ll=51.4799,-0.08877&spn=0.006174,0.021136&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

                  Do please ensure that all the members of your churches are aware of this event and that as many representatives of our churches participate as possible.

                  This regular event is sponsored by the Council of Oriental Orthodox Churches in the UK.

                  As is customary, please arrange that food be brought to share with others during the buffet lunch.

                  Father Peter
                • Mathew G. Daniel
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 4, 2011
                    Dear Joseph Renji, will you please explain what it would have been a problem if jesus asked the stones to become bread.

                    Instead He said Luke 4:4 And jesus answered him, saying it is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word of God.

                    Try to understand the meaning of this verse then you will not agree with any one who advocates to Pray for a Bhagavan.

                    Is it good for a true Christian to pray for the soul of a Bhagavan who is an idolteror as well as a miracle doer. Please don't deceive your Holy Spirit. Don't think of the charity of that man, think of what he was. Surely he was a Bhagavan for millions of devotees all over the world.

                    What will a jacobite priest pray to the God to save his soul who prophecised that he will take birth agin in a village in karnataka after some time in the name of premprakash or something like that. Who claimed that hew was the reincarnation of the Sai Baba of Sirdi. what will he pray to ease his reincarnation in the predictd time. I feel pity to advice for a person who died who lived as a reincarnation and left the body to reincarnate agian in antoher name. No any true christian who believies in the I AM will never agree with such foolish advise. that too from an ordained priest of the Holy Jacobite Chucrh.

                    Don't run after the wordly charity or anything and all when prayer of a gentile soul is concerned. Don't forget Elias killed all the 400 priest of Ball at Karmel valley.

                    Once i was attending a camp in Thiruvanchur, at that time Rev. Fr. Zachariah ( Now HG Zacharias Mor Philexinose )told us that a beleiver from USA offered him a big amount of money to buld a mutistoried building near the camp centre. He told him to wait till he pray on the subject and refused to take the moeney later on!!!!.. You can ask him to know the truth. Don't get blind by the charity and all from Bhagavans like Sai, Leave him where he is don't bring him unto our prayers for which the God our Lord is eagerly waiting.

                    Mathew G. Daniel
                    # 4569

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 5, 2011
                      Dear Mathew G Daniel,

                      For us Orthodox Christians we have public (liturgical) prayers and private prayers. In liturgical prayers only baptized orthodox christians are commemorated. For example we will not give Holy Qurbana to a non baptized person. First of all the non baptized person may not even want to receive Qurbana. Similarly we will not conduct a formal funeral service for a non baptized person. That person may not want it, he may want to be cremated as per his tradition.

                      This is why Manjanikkara Dayara refused to accept Kurbanapanam from you for commemorating a non Orthodox Christian in the Holy Qurbana.

                      Now there is private prayer. This is also as important as public liturgical prayers. In private prayer we are asked to pray for 'ALL'. We should pray for our family, our friends, our enemies, people who love us and even people who hate us.

                      Coming back to good deeds; each of us have been given different talents. We need to do good deeds based on the talents given to each. If I am blessed with the talent to be a medical doctor, then I should use that talent to serve God; (we have to remember His words, when you serve the least among you, you are serving me). If I am blessed with the talent to be a teacher, then I should use that talent to teach poor children stuggling in schools. Now if we just dug a hole and hid our talent under the earth, then when the Master of the household returns, we will be in trouble.

                      In Christ,
                      Mathew G M.
                      0929

                      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathew G. Daniel wrote:

                      > Dear Brother Mathew,
                      >
                      > I don't have much knowledge in this matter still you kindly read 2 Cor 6:14-18 and meditate it.
                      >
                      > I know one thing once I went to Manjinikara Dayara fro giving Kubrabanappanam for a Hindu friend the Rev. Deacon siting at the counter told me that a Hindu name shall not be accepted. If it is so how a rev, priest can pray for the soul of a self styled or believed god whose idols are worshiped world wide.

                    • C. V. Baby
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 7, 2011
                        Dear All,

                        It has been wonderful in going through the debate on this subject. It
                        started with a statement of Rev. Poulose Achan. I think the matter has been stretched too much and may be the debate has finally threw a few questions:-

                        1. As a true Christian, can anyone accept the principles or deeds of
                        Sathya Sai Baba? The answer is definitely a big NO. A person who claims to be Bhagwan, talks about incarnation - he has no place in Christian faith.

                        2. Should we appreciate any deed of Sai Baba? If he does anything to
                        help the poor & needy - why not we appreciate those good work he has done for the poor and need society?

                        3. Should we pray for Sai Baba? I have ready many "YES" and "NO" for
                        this question. I am with the YES, but with one clarification on what should be our prayer in this regard? Remember the prayer of our Lord on the Cross. "Father, please forgive them since they do not know what they are doing". Why don't we pray "O Lord, please forgive Sai Baba since he does not know what he was teaching in this world". Our Lord taught us to pray for everone, especially for our enemies too.

                        Let the debate go on - keen to hear and learn more on the subject from the members.

                        Baby Dubai
                        ID 4478