Malankara Online Library

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2011
      I was checking out the English books available at the Malankara Online library at http://www.malankaralibrary.org/english.html

      Most of the books in that section are Prayer books, which is good. There are just two books that are biographical. They are those of Palakkunnathu Abraham Malpan and Kaithayil Geevarghese Malpan.

      These two individuals are not Orthodox fathers. They taught heresies. These are two priests who changed and modified the true faith handed over to us by our Fathers.

      Why is it that the only biographies available online in an Orthodox library are those of two heretics?

      They may be learned and pious men. I am sure they were both as men leading much holier life than me; but as long as their teaching is not compatible with the Orthodox faith of the three ecumenical council then we can only view them as heretics, and not a church fathers.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M