Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 26, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      “But God has listened; he has heard my prayer.” (Psalm 66:19)

      Prayers never leave any problem unsolved.

      Prayers are the solution to each and every problem. Without prayers, life is suffocation and death. Threatened and scared of life's issues, we can turn to Jesus in prayer for practical, benefitting and eternal solutions. It may be concerning finance, sickness, children, spouse, spiritual, job, or doubt in almighty. Prayer never leaves things as it is. He changes the situation for good. God is love and he hears and answers our prayers. “And if you ask anything in my name, I will do it for you” (John 14:13). “God heard the boy crying. God was with the boy as he grew up” (Genesis 21:17,20). We have the right to ask anything to God. ”And this is the boldness we have in God’s presence: that if we ask God for anything that agrees with what he wants, he hears us” (1 John 5:14). So asking is our duty and answering is His assurance. Instead of self-pity, stand up and face God and raise your hands and pray. "Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God’s peace, which is so great, we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6,7).

      Katharine Drexel is the saintly soul who worked in the US among the blacks. A particularly difficult episode occurred in 1922 in Beaumont, Texas. The Ku Klux Khan had said they would tar the white pastor at one of Mother Drexel’s Schools - and bomb his church as well. The nuns prayed. In two days, a tornado hit Beaumont and destroyed the Khan’s headquarters. Two Klansmen died in the storm. The Klan never bothered the nuns again.

      When a believing person prays, great things happen” (James 5:16). Let the believers all over the world unite in prayers. If we love somebody, then we pray and we see the changes in their life.

      Prayer : Jesus, we know you hear our prayers. We pray for our day-to-day life's issues. We pray for the children and women who are in hostile terrains, especially in non-believing countries like Pakistan, Iraq, Iran. We pray for the people who are threatened by the drug cartels and terrorists. Let your peace be with those who have never experienced it. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto, Wednesday, 27th April 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V