Re: My doubts on the Good friday service

  • Zach George Arapura
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2011
      To Mathew GM,

      though I agree with you in general, I am not sure about what you said about linen.

      "Textiles in a linen-weave texture, even when made of cotton, hemp and other non-flax fibers are also loosely referred to as "linen". So we really don't know if fabric from cotton plant or flax plant was used."
      Linen is indeed used now as a generic term.

      But I don't think it was the case in the ancient world. At that time linen was identified purely with flax plant. IMHO linen became a generic term for bed sheets and articles of that nature only after the industrial revolution.This is not a authoritative statement but merely an opinion.

      Thanking you,
      Zach George Arapura
      Member # 3083