Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 22, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      “Yet I will preserve,
      7000 others in Israel who have never bowed unto Baal or kissed him.”

      (1 Kings 19:18)

      Do you feel you
      are alone in standing for truth and God?

      Faith is still intact. Truth and God are
      always in action with never ending transmission of love, joy,
      and peace as sun shines always and sustains all living beings. Clouds can
      hide the rays of the sun only
      temporarily. Our doubts,
      frustration, and loneliness are the creations of either our own
      minds or the darkened minds of others like the clouds hiding the sun.
      Elijah, the man of God and the greatest prophet of Israel with miracles at his finger
      tips, fell in depression and loneliness after his two greatest
      victories. He says, "I’m the only one left, and now they are trying to
      kill me too” (1 Kings 19:10). The material prosperity, development in
      technology, half baked knowledge of science and the propaganda machines of
      social medias make people to jump into the wand wagons of
      never proved and self- destructive ungodly lies. But the truth is that there will be the people who stand for
      truth and Jesus till he comes.
      People cry that faith is
      decreasing, the youth and children
      are weaning away from morals, and that honesty and the world are going to dogs. This is not so.
      Reality is just diabolically opposite. When Elijah was lonely and
      discouraged, he forgot that others had remained faithful during the nation's
      wickedness. When you are tempted to think that you are the only one remaining
      faithful to a task, don’t stop to feel sorry for yourself. Be assured that even
      if you don’t know who they are, others are faithfully obeying God and
      fulfilling their duties.

      John Paul II
      writes,” As a young priest I led a retreat in Bielany for university
      students from Saint Florian’s parish. I remember that on one occasion I went
      down to the church late at night and
      discovered that they were planning to pray there throughout the night.”

      “Standing near the cross were Jesus’ mother, and his
      mother’s sister, Mary (the wife of Clops), and Mary Magdalene" (John 19
      :25). Demonstrate the
      action of faith openly even at the face of death. That will inspire others to act.

      Prayer : Jesus,
      you are the resurrected One whom
      we worship. Let the dead minds
      of frigid faith be reignited with the fire of the Holy Spirit. Let the believers connect each other in
      this depressing world of faithless generation. We pray for those who stand for
      truth and suffer for it. We
      remember Elijah the prophet. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Easter Qurbana -
      Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 : 10 PM to 1.00 AM

      Toronto, Saturday, 23rd April 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012