Malankara World

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2011
      Dear Jai Abe Cheriyan:

      Thank you for your kind words of encouragement regarding Malankara World (http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/ )

      We estimate a 10 year development cycle for Malankara World; so what you see now is only a fraction of what it will have when fully developed.

      What makes Malankara World different than other spiritual websites is
      that we want to serve all the needs (mind, body and spirit) of our
      church members, not just the spiritual needs. Jesus Christ looked after all the needs of his followers. He fed them when they were hungry; he healed them when they were sick, he counseled them on factors that keeps them away from obtaining an eternal life like sin and Satan, he understood what keeps us away from God and covered them in his ministry (Sermon on the Mount). Jesus understood that peace is the most important need for people and the factor that keeps people from attaining that is anxiety. He wanted us not to worry about anything.

      Although more than 2000 years passed when Jesus was in this world, the situation hasn't changed much. The most important factor that bugs our church people are anxiety: anxiety about their job and finances, about their family, about their marriage, about their Children's future, etc. etc. So, preaching about spirituality alone won't be sufficient. Malankara World strives to provide the full solutions. That is why we have family, health, cooking, etc. as part of the website. More are being worked on.

      We will discuss specifics as they are unveiled. For example, we are
      working on classes about Holy Qurbana by the eminent priests in our
      leadership circle once the logistics are worked out.

      As far as your question about eBooks by our bishops, we will work with Moolel achen (who is in our Board) to see how that can be accomplished. Kaniamparambil achen's book is already there on the Malankara World.

      We will be providing seamless integration with our sister websites like http://www.syrianchurch.org , http://moradaistudycenter.org/
      , http://sor.cua.edu , http://SOCMNet.org http://SOCMDigest.org etc. This will take a little bit longer to accomplish.

      Again, thank you for your support and great suggestions. We had a great many of SOCM readers from all over the world write to us about Malankara World pledging their support. Thank you all. We feel humbled.

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/
      ------
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/ is a good reference resource to a wide range of matters ranging from our Church history, culture, definitions/ meanings of proceedings/Holy materials, e-books, videos, songs, liturgy, Church constitution and its current affairs etc. to
      personality/leadership development, family/social issues and cooking
      etc. to blogs.