Holy Week Songs in Malayalam Malayalam Transliteration & English Translation

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2011
      Respected members,

      I refer to the message No.7 in the Journal No.3641 dated 12..4..2011 and would like to state that in the book which I have down-loaded there are two mistakes.They are:-

      1.In page 6, we have VARA vaahananay puri pookum. The word VARA is inappropriate. It should be KHARA (meaning kazhutha/gardabham = ass/donkey) KHA in Malayalam is similar to VA and the mistake was commited by the compositor of some 20 years back and the mistake was being continued.

      2 In page 49 we have the following

           Sthuthy thaathannum than JANAKANNUM
           Sthuthy roohaaykum enne-kkum aameein.

      Who is the Janakan of Thaathan ? Utter blasphemy, maxima culpa. Thaathan is Father. Janakan also is Father.  The song speaks of the Father and His Father ( Grand Father ).The utter blasphemy was being continued in the books published by the I O C for more than two decades. The publishers of the J S C also copied the same and have given the blasphemy for being sung by the congregation. A Trinity consisting of the Father, Grand Father and the Holy Spirit ???????. The word JANAKAN is to be changed as THANAYAN.

      I pointed out these two mistakes to the I O C Publishers. On getting  my second letter they acted and corrected the mistakes in the recent editions. But not a word of thanks to me; Malayalis never thank others they only  THANG or kick others .

      The I O C Publishers should have given a foot note each  in the two places pointing out the changes regretting the SIMPLE MISTAKE and the GRAVE MISTAKES in the earlier  editions

      I, a humble member of the JSC is crying aloud in the wilderness of Nalunnakal in Kottayam District praying not to God but to our prelates to lend their ears to me with a view to  correct the mistakes, mistakes and mistakes in our prayer books. I addressed a few of the prelates pointing out the mistakes and even after that, the  prayer books with blatant mistakes are being printed out and distributed in thousands.

      May God forgive me if I am a little harsh in my words.

      V T John
      ID 3085
    • Ronnie Daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2011
        Thanks for reviewing the book and sending the correction Mr. John..
        Those changes as well as some more changes were notified by Resp. K K John Achen as well and the book have been changed to that effect and the new file uploaded.

        Though I was chanting the same error for last 5 decades I did not look in to the meaning of this ...

        Again thanks for making the correction and this is how we can improve the book if we all put our heads together to improve our worship..

        Please do not hesitate to send any corrections if you happen to see one..

        Rgds
        Ronnie