Holy Week Songs Translation

  • Ronnie Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2011
      Dear moderator,

      I do not know whether your Church has an English translation of the Holy week songs.

      If there is not, perhaps this translation which is made for our Toronto Parish could be used in case you feel comfortable using it.

      It is available on the following icon website :

      http://www.icon.org.in/misc/FullPassionWeek2.pdf

      It is exactly the English Transliteration and English translation of our Syrian Orthodox Passion Week Service text all made in to one book instead of different segments of our worshippers using different books.

      It is not a perfect book; but for those who do not understand the meaning of the prayers we chant, it is something good to start with. All prayers are the same appearing in our approved Malayalm book.
      English translations are partly made by me and obtained from various sources currently available in print and internet medias and we
      have many people to thank to who made that initial effort of putting up their work on these medias.

      The printed book form of this work is currently being done and will become available in later half of 2011.

      English translations are done to fit words in to the tune. Therefore, it may not make perfect grammar sense.. Also, for those who are not thorough with the tunes of the songs, English translated songs sung in English with no instrument accompaniment are available on the following blog site.

      http://ronniegdaniel.blogspot.com/

      Hope it will be of help to many who are struggling to know the meaning of the prayers they chant in a language they are not familiar with.

      There is no doubt that it requires lots of corrections and improvements when it is looked through the microscope of knowledge.
      Would welcome any such corrections and improvements so that we can make it somewhat perfect over a period of time.

      Please send those suggestions to : ronniedaniel@ hotmail.com.

      Rgds
      Ronnie Daniel,
      Toronto, Canada