Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 8, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      “I’m the holy God, and you must be holy too.” (1 Peter 1:16)

      Holiness for all ! You too, even the sainthood.

      All parts of our lives and character should be in
      the process of meeting, both inwardly and outwardly, to God’s standards.
      Holiness means totally devoted or dedicated to God, set aside for his special
      use and set apart from sin and its influence. This privilege of being holy is
      not for a few but for all who are called by him. Holiness comes from the spirit
      of Jesus and that is for all - rich or poor, black or white, educated or
      illiterate, weak or strong, able or disabled, married or single, priest or layman, bishop or priest,
      African or American, earthly or
      celestial. We can serve the holy God only in holiness. God is holy.
      “Worship the Lord in holy attire” (Psalm 96:9). Titles and earthly
      adoration will not make anybody holy in front of God in heaven, but only
      a holy life in Jesus can do so. This is possible in all times and for all
      people. There is no excuse not to be so. "In holiness and
      righteousness for as long as we live” (Luke 1:75). A life of joy, peace ,and love goes with only
      the holy. Aspire always the holiness. Anyone can achieve holiness.

      Isdore was a simple peasant who lived in Madrid ,
      Spain. He married a poor girl
      named Maria and the couple pledged to serve God faithfully. They shared with
      those less fortunate than themselves and became models of Christian charity and
      virtue in their community. Isdore worked for a rich farmer and arrived late to
      work every morning because he attended Mass. He explained for the late coming
      that the spiritual rewards he experienced at Mass allowed him to work more
      diligently for the rest of the day. According to legend, the rich farmer
      watched as Isdore hitched a team of oxen to a plow and began to work. He saw
      another plow pulled by a pair of shinning white oxen in the field beyond
      Isdore. When the rich man ran up to get closer look, the oxen and plow
      disappeared. It was the angels who helped him work. Many miracles were
      attributed to Isdor. A king was
      declared healed from his serious illness as the result of Isdore’s intercessory
      prayer. He was canonized in 1622.

      “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy
      nation, a people for his own possession” (1 Peter 2:9). Be holy. Jesus wants you to be so.

      Prayer : Jesus,
      let us be holy as you are holy. Remove the darkness of misunderstanding about
      the holiness. Let the spirit of holiness be with us always. We remember all those who strive
      for holiness. Let our homes and our offices be filled with the spirit of
      holiness. We pray for all the unsung souls of saints. “Holy, holy, holy is the
      Lord of heaven’s Armies! The whole earth is filled with His glory” (Isaiah
      6:3). All we ask in the name of
      Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Aachen