Lords Prayer

  • Vineeth John Abraham
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011
      Dear All

      Yesterday one of my friend asked me about Lords Prayer. I felt it is a good question and a good topic to share. He asked me which version
      is correct. "Aakashangalil ulla njangalude Bava" or "Swargasthanaya
      Njangalude Pithave". We believe God is omnipresent. Then why "Aakashangalil ulla njangalude Bava"� ?

      I referred St. Mathew 6:9, where Lords Prayer is mentioned. I could see the Malayalam Translation as "Swargasthanaya Njangalude Pithave"�.
      The correct Syriac Translation mentions like that too. I have heard different people telling both the starting. I don't believe it is wrong. But I think the correct is Swargasthanaya Njangalude Pithave.

      Apart from that there is something which we pray in the Lords Prayer. "Njangalku aavashyamulla AAHARAAM or APPAM??". What you mean by that?� Many think it is our Daily Food? Here APPAM, means "Holy Kurbana Appam", which we believe is our daily bread for salvation!�

      Any other views?

      Vineeth John Abraham
      4187
    • MG Daniel
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2011
        Dear Brother Vineeth,

        I would like to commend on the second part of the message about the daily bread.Firstly we must bear in mind the fact that it was the prayer taught by Our Lord and Saviour none else, so we should approach with it with reverance and awe.

        Please remember that the one who asked to pray for our daily bread has ensured that we need not have to bother or worry about our food or cloth. Mat.5:25-34 Therefore I say to you, do not worry bout your life, what you will eat or what you will drink.....

        These verses were spoken as a part of his great Sermon on the Mount.
        If we need not have to worry about our food then about what did he ask us to pray to the Heavenly Father at least 16 times a day.
        He himself has told us about the bread for which we are bound to pray for.John 6:27 "Do not labour for the food which perishes, but for the food endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set his seal on him."

        Then he explained it beyond any doubts. John 6:51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever: and the bread that I shall give is My flesh; which I shall give for the Lofe of the world"

        The Jews there for quarreled among themselves, how can this man give his flesh to eat?

        This was the only reasonable question which the Jews have ever asked Jesus. In no sense this promise shall be fulfilled, more over no one is going to be a cnnibal also. Praise the lord, We need not to doubt the ways of God. As the arch angel told Mary at the time of annunciation, nothing is impossible to God.

        On the 04th of April AD 33, Jesus asked his disciples to arrange the Passover feast at the Mansion of Mark. He did not mentioned the name of the place due to some very specific reasons, but we know it was there the feast was arranged.

        Luke 22:19 He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it them, saying " This is my body which is given for you, do this in remembrance of Me"

        The doubt of the Jews is very clear,but now God gave us his body for our eternal life in the form of bread made of wheat but as it undergoes the process of the Eucharist, it becomes the body of Jesus and the Wine his Blood. This process is know as Transubstanciation. The food that eat perishes but the daily bread for which are asked to pray shall take us to eternity.

        Now please meditate on John 6:54-56 Who ever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life and I will raise him at the last day, for my flesh is food indeed and and blood is drink indeed.He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me and I in him.

        This is only a brief note on the subject, but please be sure that the daily bread is not exactly the Holy Kurbana Appam, but it is the Body of our Lord and Saviour which is broken for us for our eternity. We are not receiving the Appam from the Baskudisha but..

        Agni Mayan mar are nokil viracheedunnu,
        Avane meshayil Appam Veenjai Naam Kanunnu.
        Are minnaluduthavar nokukil eriyunnudane
        Avane manmayar bhkshicu mukham theliyunnettam

        Thanks and Love in Jesus

        MG Daniel Nedumkandathil
        4569

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Vineeth John Abraham wrote:

        > Dear All
        >
        > Yesterday one of my friend asked me about Lords Prayer. I felt it is a good question and a good topic to share. He asked me which version
        > is correct. "Aakashangalil ulla njangalude Bava" or "Swargasthanaya
        > Njangalude Pithave". We believe God is omnipresent. Then why "Aakashangalil ulla njangalude Bava" ?

      • Gregory Joshwa
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2011
          Appam is the correct word, the same is mentioned in Old testament also.  Daily Bread, Yh-W-H told Moses to collect Manna, daily according to the requirement of the day, do not store for next day.  So not Aharam (Meals)  it is Appam.

          Bava - I never saw such a translation anywhere.  Pithave - Abba is the correct version and translation.

          Akasham  -  it is a concept of Jews .  But the teaching of Oriental Orthodox Churches the thrown of God exist in Heaven:  Please refer to Act Ch. 7  the death time of St. Stephen.

          The Jews teacher the departed soul rest in a place between Earth and Heaven known as OYAR.  This word might ahve mis-translated as Akashangilil Irikkunna Bava.

          Binu Joshwa, Mumbai.

          From the desk of the Moderators:

          Please sign your messages with member ID. If you do not have a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.