Re: Syria's uprising and our Patriarcate

  • Jai Abe Cheriyan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011
      Dear sri M. G Daniel,

      Your points are correct. Let me make clear why I support the opinion of
      Rev. Fr. Paulose to shift the Patriarchate is not fearing the radicals,
      the reason is the dictotor like autocratic form of government in syria,
      because I believe democracy is ideal for true Christians.Also,Antioch is
      not in Syria at present.

      Antakya (Arabic: انطاكية‎, Anṭākyä from
      Syriac: ܐܢܛܝܘܟܝܐ, Anṭiokia; Greek:
      Ἀντιόχεια, Antiókheia or Antiócheia) is the seat
      of the Hatay Province in southern Turkey, near the border with
      Syria.Known as Antioch in ancient times, the city has historical
      significance for Christianity, as it was the place where the followers
      of Jesus Christ were called Christians for the first time.

      However we can not ignore HH's interest in Syria as well.His Holiness
      Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas' dream came true in 1996 with
      the construction of a beautiful new structure which became the location
      of St. Aphrem's Clerical Seminary. The new building is located in the
      municipality of Ma`arat Sayyidnaya, about twenty five kilometers north
      of Damascus.He is friendly with the rulers too. I respect this, at the
      same time, not ignoring the intention behind the suggestion.

      Thanking you,
      In HIS love,
      Jai Abe Cheriyan

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, M. G Daniel wrote:

      > The uprising in Syria is closely observed by all Syrian Orthodox
      Church members.I feel uneasy when I read the suggestion to shift the
      Patriarchate fearing the radicals. I know it was shifted once or twice
      early. Will you please go through Mat. 28:20 "Teaching them to observe
      whatsoever I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even unto
      the end of the world. Amen"