Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Apr 3, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      “We should keep on encouraging each other to be thoughtful
      and to do helpful things.” ( Hebrews (10:24)

      We are connected with everyone and everything otherwise we are dead . Isn’t it?

      All living organisms are interconnected and interrelated.
      Life is a chain of cycle connected with the source of life- God. ‘I’m the way
      and the truth and the life.”(John 14:6) For apart from me you can do
      nothing.”(John 15:5) We are community beings. Human need for community and
      should cultivate. We are emerge out of relationships. “The health of a society
      is determined by the health of those relationships, not the extent of which it
      maximises individual choice.” writes David brooks. The studies in inner mind, the empire of
      emotions ,and unconscious mind high light the invisible bonds between people.
      If the outer mind hungers for
      status, money and applause, the inner mind hungers of harmony and
      connection- those moments when self consciousness fades away and a person is
      lost in challenge a cause, the love of another or the love of God. Community
      life is Oxytocin (Hormone that helps mammals bond)- nature’s way of weaving people together. We
      should lament for the thinning of connections, associations, affiliations as
      the web of relationships, connecting people -lost their power. Nietzsche
      taught: “ He who has a why to like for can bear with almost any how”

      This is a true
      story of two great friends: A baby hippopotamus named Owen and a 130- year old
      giant tortoise named Mzee. In the
      great tsunami in 2004 the baby hippo was separated from its mother and stranded on a sandy coral reef among the sea grass and
      saved by the fishermen in Kenya . It was towed towards Haller Park near the
      city of Mombasa. The manger of the park, Dr Paula chose a part of the park that had a pond and mud wallow as
      well as tall tress and brush. everything a hippo want. There was the 130 year old tortoise named
      MZEE- MEANS “WISE OLD MAN”. Owen
      crouched behind Mzee, the baby hippo often hide behind their mothers for
      protection. Mzee began to accept his new companion. Later Owen was snuggled up
      against Mzee. Bit by bit, Mzee grew friendlier. The care takers noticed late
      Owen feeding right beside Mzee, as if Mzee were showing him how to eat. It was
      clear that the bond between Owen and Mzee was helping the baby hippo to recover
      from his separation from his mother and stranded in the sea. Al last they
      became inseparable. Now they swim together, eat together, drink together, and
      sleep next to each other. They rub noses. A sense of trust has grown between
      them. Wildlife experts are still puzzled about how this unlikely friendship
      came to be. Most have never heard of a mammal and a reptile forming such a
      strong bond. Science can’t always explain what the heart already knows: our
      most important friends are sometimes those we least expected. Owen suffered a
      great loss. But with the help of many caring people a new life happy life, the
      role of Mzee is remarkable. What matters is that Owen isn’t alone- and neither
      is mze.

      It reminded us
      all that even though terrible, unexpected things happen, the power of courage,
      love, and the preciousness of life will prevail.” If one part suffers, all the
      parts suffer with it, and if one part is honoured, all the parts are glad.” ( 1
      Corinthians 12:26)

      Prayer

      Jesus, let us connect to each other, husbands and wives,
      children and parents church and
      church members and the society at large
      and with the nature in relation with you. Let the wounds of separation
      be healed by reconciliation and communication. The enmity and war
      between nations be ended. Let us feel
      as one family. Let your spirit of connectiveness flows the life blood of
      relationships. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Aachen
      Toronto, Monday 4 April 2011
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com