Re: Syria's uprising and our Patriarcate

  • M. G Daniel
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2011
      The uprising in Syria is closely observed by all Syrian Orthodox Church members.I feel uneasy when I read the suggestion to shift the Patriarchate fearing the radicals. I know it was shifted once or twice early. Will you please go through Mat. 28:20 "Teaching them to observe whatsoever I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen"

      If we select two words from this verse " I AM " these two words Jesus uttered in the garden of gatsamene, John 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I AM he, they went backward and fell to the ground.

      The same two words were spoken to Moses also in Exod.3:14 And God said unto Moses I AM THAT I AM and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath send me unto you.

      Once we are sure that HE is faithful (2Tim. 2:13) If we beleive not, yet he abaidth faithful: He cannot deny himself.

      In conclution please go through, Rev.2:10 Fear none of those things though shalt suffer, behold the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried, and you shall have tribulation ten days: be though faithful unto death, and please don't forget Chev. Thomas Daniel (Reji), Chev. Biju Daniel, Mr. Nibu John etc. for their excellent leadership in keeping our faith under the sword of Democlese.

      May God Bless

      M. G Daniel
      4569

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Jai Abe Cheriyan wrote:

      > Respected Pauloseachan,
      >
      > The shifting of our Patriarchate to a democratic nation could be a matter of discussion in the upcoming Universal Synod; a resolution by a participating member might be necessary, hope that you could persuade somebody.

    • Jai Abe Cheriyan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 2:05 AM
        Dear sri M. G Daniel,

        Your points are correct. Let me make clear why I support the opinion of
        Rev. Fr. Paulose to shift the Patriarchate is not fearing the radicals,
        the reason is the dictotor like autocratic form of government in syria,
        because I believe democracy is ideal for true Christians.Also,Antioch is
        not in Syria at present.

        Antakya (Arabic: انطاكية‎, Anṭākyä from
        Syriac: ܐܢܛܝܘܟܝܐ, Anṭiokia; Greek:
        Ἀντιόχεια, Antiókheia or Antiócheia) is the seat
        of the Hatay Province in southern Turkey, near the border with
        Syria.Known as Antioch in ancient times, the city has historical
        significance for Christianity, as it was the place where the followers
        of Jesus Christ were called Christians for the first time.

        However we can not ignore HH's interest in Syria as well.His Holiness
        Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas' dream came true in 1996 with
        the construction of a beautiful new structure which became the location
        of St. Aphrem's Clerical Seminary. The new building is located in the
        municipality of Ma`arat Sayyidnaya, about twenty five kilometers north
        of Damascus.He is friendly with the rulers too. I respect this, at the
        same time, not ignoring the intention behind the suggestion.

        Thanking you,
        In HIS love,
        Jai Abe Cheriyan