JESUS SAW THEIR FAITH

  • Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2011
      Jesus Saw Their Faith

      Jesus touched the leper and healed him. The city came to know of the power of healing from our Lord. All those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them� Luke 4:40. These healed ones brought a paralytic to Him. As the place was too crowded they carried him to the roof and lowered him to Our Lord. JESUS SAW THEIR FAITH and forgave his sin. This is the foundation of intercessory prayer. (Mary's pleading for their scarcity of wine is another example)� Our church teaches a believer to bring a sick or non believer to Jesus. According to Abraham Thomas cor-episcopose, Christianity is that in�which, a beggar is telling another beggar where to find food. If I am a Christian, then anybody who sees me should see Jesus in me and through me. This is something that the modern day deacons like me are missing. I forget that I am separated from the crowd by my calling. When I act smart by a politician, I am becoming a politician and not an ambassador for Christ. I had always thought that, though we claim Syriac Christianity in India for two millenniums, our Christ was not visible through us.

      When we look at the shorter man Zakkai, who had to climb a tree to see Jesus as the people around Jesus was blocking him from seeing Jesus.�
      Do we still have Zakkais? Is Jesus still blocked from their visibility by deacons like me?

      Chemmachen
      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob
    • M. G Daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2011
        I am sorry to disagree with Dn. Monsy in his conclusion. He says that in the past 2 millennium he was not able to see Jesus in our church. This statement is from total ignorance.

        I used to visit an orphanage governed by Eastern Gospel Team (Paurasthya Suvishesha Samajam) some where near Meempara in Perumbavoor. One of my brotherly friend Eldose and his brother Sibi let me know about it and we have been there with family several times.

        When our sons got married we all went there and had dinner with the inmates may be above 60. They have a school also run by the orphanage. As far as I know it was founded by Very Rev. Athunkal cor-episcopa, who was a true follower of his Master.

        I saw the glittering and hope in the eyes of the little ones as we visited there. When we reached there after the marriage of our second son the little angels enquired us about our first son also.

        I hope I shall visit that place late in Aug to have a dinner with them again on the first birthday anniversary of my grand daughter Mariam.

        So respected chemmachen please pay a visit and have a meal with them if you can spare a few hours and some money.

        Secondly, I know a congregation in a country where we can't reveal any identity as a Christian group. The leaders of it�are honoured by the Supreme Head of the Church for their sublime work over there. They manage to help those who are in need for the marriage of their daughters, education, treatment etc. They used to donate a pretty good sum on the birthday anniversary of their children and
        distribute at frequent occasions. This is a ray of hope in the darkness, what Jesus told also was to feed the hungry, help the sick and clothe the naked, these actions are being done by both these groups.

        I hope these acts of charity reveals Jesus in our church.

        Sorry chemmacha please don't accuse if you don't know.

        M. G Daniel