Sethoro and sethro

  • V T John Nalunnakal
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2011
      Barek mor and Greetings everybody.

      I am prosecuting a religious case on the captioned subject before the Court of the Syriac Christians wherein my case is that the word SETHORO appearing in the opening verse of Psalm /Masmoor 91 in relation to a man is not the word in the petition in the Common Suthoro prayer to be said after the said Psalm/Masmor and Ps.121/Msmr.120 in relation to Our Lord Jesus Christ and that the word in the petition above mentioned is SETHRO. The decision of the august court is eagerly awaited.

      Now I have come across a "description" of our Lord in the Sedro for the second Kaumo of the Mid-night prayers for Garbo (Leprosy patient) Sunday as " Pithavinte parizudhamaaya marvilninnum piriyaathirunnavan pithavinte valathubhagathu irikkunnu" [He who did not leave the sacred bosom of the Father is (now) sitting at the right side of the Father = my translation subject to corrections].

      I would like to know from any one of us who has the Syriac Book of Slutho-Promion-Sedro relating to the Great Lent the exact wording in Syriac of the above Sedro excerpt either in Syriac script or as transliteration in English script.

      Looking for an early response in these columns,

      V T John
      ID 3085