Re: Introducing Myself

  • Fr. Augustine
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2011
      Thank you for the replies! I am most grateful.

      I should note that most Orthodox do not understand the Patriarch of Constantinople to have any primacy over them; historically the office has been one of honor and never jurisdiction.

      I am grateful for the responses.

      Fr. Augustine

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Dn. Zach Varghese wrote:

      > Dear Deacon,
      >
      > Thank you for introducing yourself. I urge you to mine the resources of this forum to get answers that are readily available.

    • Dn Zach Varghese
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 29, 2011
        Dear Fr. Augustine,

        Forgive me for not addressing you with the proper dignity of a priest.

        Secondly, thank you for your clarification. Actually this goes to what I was clumsily trying to mention - the Patriarch of Syriac Orthodox Church is not "Supreme" as in the Roman sense, but he does have actual universal spiritual "primacy" along with the Holy Synods of Middle East and India - which makes his position different from the Patriarch of Constantinople and all who are in communion with him, but have their own independent national hierarchies.

        Even though the loyal Syriac Orthodox Church of India is autonomous, it is not autocephalous with respect to the Patriarch.

        Dn Zach Varghese
        ID 903