Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 29, 2011
      Today’s Bible verse

      "A vast crowd brought to him people who were lame, blind, crippled, dumb, and many others. They laid them at the feet of Jesus, and he healed them all.” (Mathew 15:30)

      Ordinary human beings can be healers!

      Healing is the total wellness of an individual - physical, mental and spiritual but curing is the biological fitness. Treatment of any sickness should start from the soul because that is the root from where all illnesses sprout. Holistic treatment is the best for wellness. So the first and foremost things we could do for the sick is to lead them to God. That can be done by anybody at any time, at any place and under any circumstances who has the will to do so. That is what God wants from us. A vast crowd was brought to Jesus to be healed, and he healed them all. Jesus is still able to heal people who are suffering physically, emotionally, and spiritually, and we can be ones who bring suffering people to him. Whom do you know has that Christ’s healing touch? You can bring them to Jesus through prayer , take them to hospital, counselling, explain to them the reason for the hope that you have. Then let Christ do the healing. We should not be an onlooker when others are in pain of sickness. Others know about God and his love of healings only through you and me. Don’t scuttle and cap that happiness for you and the sick.

      Ann, an unmarried nurse settled in a remote village after her retirement and was managing her life with her pension. Meanwhile, she was affected by Dementia and no one was there to take care of her. Suresh, the boy had just finished his commerce degree and was in search of a job. After seeing Ann’s plight, Suresh’s compassionate heart made him collect his friends and brought Ann to a home and assured the care givers to meet all the expenses to take care of Ann. She was treated very well at the home. She was the angel in the home, ever smiling and without any complaints. When she died, Suresh and his friends were there for her funeral. They continue to be volunteers for the home and are also well settled
      in their lives.

      "As the sun went down that evening, people throughout the village brought sick family members to Jesus. No matter what their diseases were, the touch of his hand healed everyone” (Luke 4:40). When we were faced with a particularly difficult situation, what helped us most? Kind words, presence, a touch and a hug all mean so much to those in pain. We should do that to others who are in pain.

      Prayer : Jesus, let us be the good Samaritans like Suresh and his friends. Bless them Lord. Let our compassionate hearts reach out to the sick. Let all those who are in pain be relieved. Let no one pass from this world of distress without finding the solace in You and may they be blessed to have good Samaritans to help them out. All
      we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Aachen
      Toronto, Wednesday, 30th March 2011