MEANING OF MALAYALAM SONGS 19

  • UT George
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2011
      We will now meditate one of 'HOOTHOMO SONGS'--song by priest at the finishing of Holy Mass

      (The tune of Mar Jacob)

      MASSIHA MANNAN JATHAM CHAITHORU GUHA THAN DHARE,
      MRUTHI MASSIHAYIL PRAPICHORE PRATHI POTHUVAYEE,
      PODIYODU SAMANUM NINNITHA MANNUM HEENANUMAM NJAN
      PARIMALAMIYALUM PRASAMANA BALIYE YARPPICHALLO.

      Jatham chaithoru guha than dhare---(dhare--vazhi or way) .The priest offer the Holy Mass to the FATHER through the way(SON) the only mediator

      The Mass is specially for those who are departed (dead in massiha or who have put their trust in Jesus)

      The third line is the most devotional or spiritually challenging words about the priesthood

      We should acknowledge(PRIEST ALSO) I am PODI--mere dust

      Ninnitha mannu--A wretched man that I am (Romans7.24)

      Heenan--poor and not anyway comparable to Him.HE must increase but I must decrease(John 3.30) John the Baptist know if there is less of me then there is room for more of HIM.The more of me that dies the closer HE can  get into me.The depth of your repentance will determine the height of your revival

      Paramalaviyalum---sugantha mullathaya--sweet

      Prasamana---Aswasippikkunna--comforting

      The Holy qurbana is  sweet and comforting  as it  is the sacrificial offering of our Lord Jesus

      I pray that this meditation will make us more  humble and broken hearted.

      U T GEORGE