Great Lent #16 - 22/03/2011

  • Vineeth John Abraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2011
      Holy Qurbana

      The Nicene Creed

      We believe the following:

      In the one True God, the Father Almighty
      In the one Lord Jesus Christ who took birth for the salvation
      of humanity
      In the one living Holy Spirit
      In the One Holy, Catholic (universal) and Apostolic Church
      We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins
      In the Resurrection of the dead
      In the new life in the world to come
      St. Mary is described as the Mother of God and so this is
      a confession of faith against Nestorians

      What does the priest pray privately in the kneeling position?

      While the creed is being said, the priest turns to the clergy and people and asks for forgiveness and requests them to pray to the Lord to accept his oblations. The priest then kneels before the altar and beseeches the Lord for remission of sins and acceptance of his offering. The priest prays for and makes the sign of the cross with his right thumb on the altar mentioning the names of those alive and departed for whom prayers have been requested.

      The deacon goes about the whole nave and returns to the altar. This signifies that:

      o God the Word came down from heaven and offered himself for us all

      o This is a sign for the un-baptized to leave

      Vineeth John Abraham