Re: Unity of churches

  • George Aramath
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2011
      Thank you Fr. Ninan for an appropriate message of love and unity during the season of Great Lent. Indeed, the catastrophe in Japan that occurred during the first week of Great Lent has left a mark on us. But to what extent?

      In our local Bible study during Great Lent, we learned about the division in Israel after King Solomon's death. The Promised Land was split into two: north and south. After this division, the leaders' and people's injustice and hatred for one another grew. Prophets were sent by God to preach justice, love, and mercy to deaf ears. And with time, these lands and people were destroyed by outside forces.

      It's interesting to note what happened when these disasters came. Their division was forgotten! When the Persian empire allowed the Israelite to return to their homeland, no one spoke of north and south Israel. They returned humbly as one nation.

      Let us pray that God gives our leaders and lay members, on both sides, a heart of love and humility in this season of Lent.

      George Aramath