Journey of Lent - Temptations of the Fast

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 5:41 AM
      Journey of Lent - Temptations of the Fast

      This week, Fr John Brian directs our attention to being spiritually ready for the Lenten fast. This sermon refers to Cana Sunday and the Service of Reconciliation and Forgiveness appointed for the beginning of the Lenten Fast. The Lenten Journey is a journey to the cross, but at this time it appears small and precious like the small gold crosses worn around the necks of the faithful.

      This sermon lesson uses the readings and services appointed from the
      Malankara Syrian lectionary and was given on Sunday, March 6, 2011 by Fr. John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7.

      Listen on-line here:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/03/journey-of-lent-temptations-of-fast.html