Funeral of Mo Polycarpose will be at St. Antony's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, Jeppu,

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2011
      06 March 2011: 21:30 Hrs: Mor Polycarpose Geevarghese - Senior Metropolitan of Evangelistic Association of the East ( EAE ) and St. Antony's Mission ( Honnavar Mission ) passed away at Amala Hospital. Iritty, Kannur at 9:00 PM today. Funeral will be at St. Antony's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, Jeppu, Mangalore later.

      His Eminence was born in 1933 in Pallivadakkethil House (Nadayil Kudumbam) Chennithala, Mavelikkara (Niranam Diocese) . H.E was ordained deacon in 1956 and priest in 1957. He was consecrated Cor-Episcopos in 1978 during the time in which he served for the Evangelistic Association of the East. He was consecrated Metropolitan in 1990 as bishop of Evangelistic Association of the East at Damascus by the Patriarch of Universal Syriac Orthodox Church His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas.

      His Eminence was the Patron and President of The Evangelistic Association of the East (E.A.E), the first Missionary Association of the Syriac Orthodox Church, under the direct control of the Patriarch of Antioch and all the East.

      We express our condolences. May Aboon's soul be in paradise with our Saints

      For updates, please visit
      http://www.socmnet.org/News2011Mar12.htm

      SOCM Moderators