Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
      What we must start with, if we wish to pray, is the certainty that we are sinners in need of salvation, that we are cut off from God and that we cannot live without Him and that all we can offer God is our desperate longing to be made such that God will receive us, receive us in repentance, receive us with mercy and with love.

      Metropolitan Anthony Bloom, Beginning to Pray
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2011
        Prayer is the search for God, encounter with God, and is going beyond this encounter in communion. Thus it is an activity, a state and also a situation; a situation both with respect to God and to the created world.

        Metropolitan Anthony Bloom, Courage to Pray