Our Daily Bread : Forwarded

  • Very. Rev. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011
      READ: 1 Corinthians 10:31–11:1 Appended

      Therefore, . . . whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. —1 Corinthians
      10:31

      A major US newspaper has called Christopher Parkening “the leading guitar
      virtuoso of our day, combining profound musical insight with complete technical
      mastery of his instrument.” There was a time, however, when Parkening gave up
      playing the guitar professionally. At the height of his career as a classical
      guitarist, he retired at age 30, bought a ranch in Montana, and spent his days
      fly-fishing. But early retirement did not bring him the satisfaction he had
      hoped for.

      Then during a visit to California, he was invited to a church where he heard a
      clear presentation of the gospel. Of this he wrote: “That night I lay awake,
      broken over my sins. . . . I had lived very selfishly and it had not made me
      happy. . . . It was then that I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life, to be
      my Lord and Savior. For the first time, I remember telling Him, ‘Whatever You
      want me to do with my life, Lord, I’ll do it.’”

      One of Parkening’s favorite verses is 1 Corinthians 10:31, “Therefore, . . .
      whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” He has taken up the guitar again,
      but this time with the motivation to glorify God.
      Each of us has been given gifts; and when we use them for God’s glory, they
      bring satisfaction and joy. —Dennis Fisher

      The gifts we offer to the Lord
      Are by His standards measured;
      Our sacrifice and lives of praise—
      Such gifts are highly treasured. —Sper

      We were created to give God the glory.
      1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1

      31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of
      God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of
      God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my
      own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

      1 Corinthians 11 1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.